Holiday Disaster?

I have already mentioned that this trip was eventful and I thought that I would do a blog post on it. In this post I’ll be going through my trip, and why it was on to forget.

Flying Out

We flew to Malaga airport and our flight was at 6am. My friend and I decided to stay awake, as we had to leave at 2am, so there didn’t seem much point. We still had stuff to do, so there was no time.The flight was two hours, and I didn’t manage to sleep a wink. By this time, my friend and I had easily been awake for 24 hours, which was not a smart move.

Arriving

We were staying in a Villa, which wasn’t ready at the time we landed. Whilst we waited we drove to a Supermarket, as we needed things to put in the Villa.Β We parked on the underground car park, and went in. We spent about an hour and a half having something to eat and buying food to take back.

The Disaster

When we arrived back to the car there was a security guard standing next to the car. As he saw us walk towards him he started pointing at the car. We assumed that we must have parked in a disabled place, as we had parked close to the door, but we hadn’t. The window of the car had been smashed, there was glass all over the inside of the car and on the floor next to the car.
Our car had been broken into.
When we looked at what had gone missing, it was mine and my friend’s hand luggage. The thief had smashed the back window pulled the chair forward and snatched the bags.
Even thinking about it now is horrible. I have lost a lot and the shock of it is hard to deal with. I have lost my purse with all of my cards, my phone, iPod, iPad and other little things like books, headphones and chargers.
From what we learnt about the situation afterwards from my friends mum who was back at home researching it. This is a big thing that happens on this car park. It only has one security camera, so locals know that they will not get caught. We also found out that nothing has been done because it’s only tourists who are being targeted.
The hardest thing was communicating with the security, as they did not speak English and we can’t speak Spanish.

It Got Better

After that day, I did want to fly home immediately, but I didn’t and I’m glad that I stayed.

Overall it was a good holiday, as we still had day trips out to Marbella and did all of the typical holiday things.

The villa was lovely with a lot of floors and an amazing view, as it was located really high up a mountain.

In this villa there was a lift in the garage that needed a key which would take you up to the ground floor (which is about four levels above the ground)

Like I said earlier it was a good holiday and I have enjoyed it. I was going to do a what’s in my carry on post, but that obviously cannot happen now.
But anyway, thank you for reading!

6 responses to “Holiday Disaster?”

1. - Karen says:

So sorry to hear about what happened! πŸ™ It's awful that locals aren't doing more about it. I'm so glad you still managed to enjoy your time there πŸ™‚

Style Sunriseβ˜€

πŸ™‚
    x

2. Hannah Morris says:

Aw, it's okay! It came as a shock to us, that apparently it's a well known thing, but nothing is being done and a complete culture shock as it wouldn't be allowed to continue here, and thank you so much! x

3. Amanda Winchester says:

I'm so sorry you lost your luggage, Hannah! It's happened to me twice at airports where my backpack has been stolen, so I know exactly how you feel, and it's awful, it's made me quite paranoid πŸ™ but glad to hear you managed to enjoy the rest of your holiday, and you took some really beautiful photos πŸ™‚ x

β™₯.β€’*Β¨ Amanda Says Β¨*β€’.β™₯

4. Hannah Morris says:

Aw, it's okay, and I'm sorry that happened to you and you've had to go through it twice! Thank you! x

5. Soph Cullen says:

Sorry to hear about your hand luggage, πŸ™ but I'm glad you still managed to have a good time!

sophiejc.blogspot.co.uk

6. Hannah Morris says:

aw it's okay! Thank you πŸ™‚ x