Benefit Roller Lash Dupe?!

I think anybody who has tried Benefits Roller Lash and the Lash Sensational by Maybelline will have noticed how similar they are. They are pretty much the same, but there is quite a difference in price. With Roller Lash setting you back £19.50 whilst the Lash Sensational only costs £7.99. Is this a Benefit Roller Lash Dupe?!

The Products

I have pretty terrible eyelashes. They are tiny, so I have been on the lookout for a good mascara for ages, as none that I have tried before seemed to do anything. When I got the free sample of Roller Lash with Elle magazine, I thought this was my moment and my eyelash problems would be cured. Sadly it did nothing for me. Then I heard about the Lash Sensational so I decided to give that a go, and it is exactly what I have been looking for and I have repurchased it. (I may have fell in love with the Lash Sensational)

The Wands

The wands are pretty much the same, as they are both plastic and have that slight curve to them. The curve allows you to really get to the bottom of the lashes. Smaller bristles means that every single lash is coated and locked in to give the curl. The Benefit wand is a lot thinner than the Maybelline one. I also find that the Maybelline picks up a lot more product and is thicker, so you need to be careful on application or the lashes may clump.

The Formula

For volume I find that the Lash Sensational is better. It has A slightly wetter formula, and the smaller bristles really help to cover every lash. Roller Lash does not clump the lashes at all, as it is a drier formula. With Roller Lash being a slightly drier formula it means that it is difficult to build. Where as The Lash Sensational will build easier, as it has the wetter formula.

The Verdict

I think it is pretty obvious which one I prefer, As I am pretty certain that I have not mentioned Roller Lash on my blog before, but the Lash Sensational has been mentioned quite a lot, and this post makes it quite clear. I do find that mascaras are quite personal, and what works for someone else, might not work for you. The Lash Sensational is definitely my favourite and the first mascara that I will buy again and again.
Have you tried either of these?

8 responses to “Benefit Roller Lash Dupe?!”

1. Jasmine Riel says:

Nice comparison post! The Maybelline LashSensational Mascara is my current HG!

Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

2. Pharmers Journal says:

I've actually never tried this Maybelline mascara – Don't ask how, everyone raves about it. It's on my list! I love Roller Lash.

3. I use the benefit roller lash as a base and the Maybelline as a top coat and they are the perfect combination! Great review.

espressoyourselfblog.blogspot.com

4. Hannah Morris says:

Thank you! I'm not surprised it is so good! x

5. Hannah Morris says:

WHAT?! No way! You should definitely try it! x

6. Hannah Morris says:

That's such a good idea! I bet they work wonders together! Thank you! x

7. Saloca says:

Maybelline has some amazing mascaras that are really up there in terms of quality compared to the higher end brands! They make some fantastic dupes and are easily my go-to for mascara! They just get it right every time!

Sarah 🙂
    Saloca in Wonderland

8. Hannah Morris says:

They really do! Can't go wrong with a Maybelline mascara! x