Makeup Starter Kit

I didn’t start wearing makeup until I was in year 11 at school, so I haven’t been into makeup for that long really. In this post I’m going to be going through what I think makes a good Makeup Starter Kit. This is makeup that is good to start off with.

I know that when shopping for makeup it can be a daunting. There are so many products to pick from. I have decided to do a Makeup Starter Kit post which should help if you are starting out in makeup.

Foundation

Foundations can be quite scary when you’re just starting out. You don’t want to get the wrong shade, as you’ll be stuck with a product that you can’t use. It’s also important to get a foundation that suits your skin type. Rimmel offer a great range of foundations all that are affordable and long-lasting.
My current foundation is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in the shade 51. It offers a good coverage and has a yellow undertone which suits my skin. I use this on a everyday occasion.
If you want something that isn’t a full coverage then you’re best of going with a BB cream. The Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream, is good for this, as even though it isn’t a full coverage, it has SPF in and has many benefits for the skin, so it is a good place to start.

Concealer

Concealer is great for covering up any blemishes that you may have. One that I think just about everyone would recommend is the Collection Lasting Perfecting Concealer. It’s £3.99 and lasts for ages! Another concealer that I like is Soap and Glory’s Kick Ass concealer. as you get two shades of concealer and a setting powder.

Powder

Powder is great for oily skin, as it stops you from looking shiny and gives a matte look. It is also great for the staying power of makeup. I recommend the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder, as it does what it is supposed to and is priced at £3.99,

Blush and Bronzer

I don’t feel like these products are a must have when you’re first starting out. If you would like to add blush to your collection. I feel like the Sleek and MUA blushes are the places to start. For bronzer I recommend the Rimmel Natural Bronzer. As it’s good for contour, and adding a bit of extra colour to the face.

Eyebrows

I can’t really help you with this, as I don’t do anything to my brows. However I have heard great things about Soap and Glory’s Brow Archery. As well as the Collection Work The Colour Eyebrow Kit.

Eyes

For eyeshadow palettes, good brands to start with are MUA, Makeup Revolution and Sleek. They offer dupes to big brands such as Urban Decay and Too Faced. A good brand for mascara is Maybelline, especially the Lash Sensation.

Lips

A good place to start would be the Rimmel Kate Moss Lipsticks, I have done a post on them with swatches. Another good place to start would be Maybelline Baby Lips, as they are moisturising and add that bit of colour.
I hope this post helps you!

8 responses to “Makeup Starter Kit”

1. Jodetopia says:

Great idea for a post! Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation was my staple in years 10 and 11 at school – I remember owning 5 or 6 bottles of it at one point because I could never find my shade and would always be too scared to ask someone for help!

Jodie @ Jodetopia x

2. Danielle Beautyblog says:

The Kick Ass concealer is one of my favourites! It's perfect for touch ups too!

Danielle's Beauty Blog

3. Louise Francesca says:

Great post! Wish I'd read something like this when I was younger, I went crazy with buying makeup when I first started wearing it! Would love if you could check out my recent fashion post? 🙂

The Fashion Road

4. Hannah Morris says:

Thank you! The thought of asking someone was so intimidating, wasn't it?! x

5. Hannah Morris says:

It's really handy, and the shades are great! x

6. Hannah Morris says:

Thank you! I hope this post genuinely helps someone haha! I will do x

7. Society Fix says:

Great blog.
    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'? Follow me and I'll follow you back.

8. Hannah Morris says:

Thank you! I've followed you x