• Beauty
    19th August 2018 View Post
  • Skincare
    The Body Shop Haul
    15th August 2018 View Post
  • Home » Blogmas Day 24: How To Drift Off Quickly

Blogmas Day 24: How To Drift Off Quickly

It’s always harder to fall asleep at this time of the year ,mainly due to the excitement and stress that comes with Christmas. Getting a good nights sleep is definitely a good idea .

Get Up

This might sound a little bit strange, but sometimes it’s good to get out of bed and go get a drink of water before hopping back into bed, as this might help you settle when you couldn’t before. This won’t work for everyone, but it might be worth a try.

Put The Phone Down

This may be difficult, but looking at your phone is not helping you sleep. The blue lights are playing havoc with your mind. It’s best to put the phone down at night, as you’ll be able to relax which should help you settle faster. I still struggle with this, but I’m slowly getting better. I’m already seeing benefits, so it definitely works.

Pillow Spray

I’ve never tried this before, but apparently they work really well. You spray a little bit on your pillow and the scent is really calming, which instantly makes you sleepy. These are usually scented with Lavender, as that is known to be the most effective. A good one of these to try is the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray which is £16

Read a Book

Sometimes reading a book is an easier way to drift off quickly, It’s also a lot better than staring at screens all night. I find that reading is a great way to switch off.

This post also marks the end of blogmas, which is a little crazy, as I can’t believe I actually started it never mind finish the whole thing! A big congratulations to everyone else who attempted blogmas! If you missed the start of Blogmas, here is my November Favourites; which kicked everything off!

What helps you sleep better at night?
    Thank you for reading and Merry Christmas Eve!
    Blog Signature

1. 24th December 2016 / 8:52 pm

Thank you! It definitely makes it easier! x

2. 2nd January 2017 / 5:37 pm

love all of these tips Hannah! I've always wanted to see how effective pillow spray would be so i'm definitely going to purchase one soon.

shannon x
      shannonmichelle1.blogspot.co.uk

3. 2nd January 2017 / 6:20 pm

I have a pillow spray from L'Occitane; it's soso good – I'd really recommend giving them a go! I loved this post, drifting off is always something I've struggled with and I'm sure some of these tips will really help me – love your blog!

Love & Hugs
      Frances xx

4. 2nd January 2017 / 6:25 pm

Thank you! Apparently they really work! x

5. 2nd January 2017 / 6:26 pm

I'll have a look into it, pillow sprays definitely sound worth it! Aw, good I'm glad this will help! Thank you so much!xx

6. 3rd January 2017 / 1:09 pm

Great tips! I want to try a pillow spray. I think they're an interesting concept. Also putting my phone down is something I really need to work on xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

7. 3rd January 2017 / 5:04 pm

Thank you! They do seem really interesting, especially if they work! It's so hard isn't it? Definitely not an easy task xx