A new month, a new baking post. This month, I was inspired by the recipe in Tanya Burr’s book; Tanya Bakes. I have switched this up a little bit, as no one in my family is a massive fan of jam, so filling the centres with jam just didn’t seem worth it. If you prefer chocolate cupcakes, I have a chocolate chip muffin recipe, that may be right up your alley.
It is worth mentioning that these didn’t turn out great. Well at first I was gutted, as they stuck to the cake cases and the icing just didn’t turn out right. It is also worth mentioning that once I had left these in a box they became much easier. They left the wrapper without leaving most of the cake behind.
I’m also still learning and have no idea what I’m really doing with buttercream and icing especially, so these don’t look that great, but in the end they taste great.
160g Plain Flour
50g Softened Butter
180g Caster Sugar
2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
160ml Full-Fat Milk
Splash of Vanilla Extract
250g Softened Butter
500g Icing Sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pink Food Colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius /350 Fahrenheit / Gas Mark 4. You can also prep your cupcake tray with your cases. (Don’t do what I did and run out)
- Cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
- Mix the egg into the mix and add the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour and baking powder, and slowly add the milk until your batter is smooth. I didn’t use all of the milk, as the mixture simply didn’t need it.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and leave them to bake for 13 minutes. The recipe states 18 minutes, but in my oven they’re ready after 13, so be sure to check.
Be sure to let your cakes cool before you apply the icing!
- In a bowl cream together the butter and carefully add the icing sugar.
- Mix them together until the mixture is light and smooth.
- Add the vanilla extract, and slowly add the food colouring until the icing is pink.
- Pipe the icing onto the cakes, and add a raspberry to finish.
So that is how to make Raspberry cupcakes!
Thank you of reading!