How to Bake Raspberry Cupcakes!

A new month, a new baking post. This month, I was inspired by the recipe in Tanya Burr’s book; Tanya Bakes. I have switched this up a little bit, as no one in my family is a massive fan of jam, so filling the centres with jam just didn’t seem worth it. If you prefer chocolate cupcakes, I have a chocolate chip muffin recipe, that may be right up your alley.

It is worth mentioning that these didn’t turn out great. Well at first I was gutted, as they stuck to the cake cases and the icing just didn’t turn out right. It is also worth mentioning that once I had left these in a box they became much easier. They left the wrapper without leaving most of the cake behind.

I’m also still learning and have no idea what I’m really doing with buttercream and icing especially, so these don’t look that great, but in the end they taste great.

Ingredients:

160g Plain Flour

50g Softened Butter

180g Caster Sugar

2 Teaspoons Baking Powder

160ml Full-Fat Milk

1 Egg

Splash of Vanilla Extract

Icing:

250g Softened Butter

500g Icing Sugar

1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Pink Food Colouring

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius /350 Fahrenheit / Gas Mark 4. You can also prep your cupcake tray with your cases. (Don’t do what I did and run out)
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
  3. Mix the egg into the mix and add the vanilla extract.
  4. Fold in the flour and baking powder, and slowly add the milk until your batter is smooth. I didn’t use all of the milk, as the mixture simply didn’t need it.
  5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and leave them to bake for 13 minutes. The recipe states 18 minutes, but in my oven they’re ready after 13, so be sure to check.

Be sure to let your cakes cool before you apply the icing!

Icing:

1. In a bowl cream together the butter and carefully add the icing sugar.
  2. Mix them together until the mixture is light and smooth.
  3. Add the vanilla extract, and slowly add the food colouring until the icing is pink.
  4. Pipe the icing onto the cakes, and add a raspberry to finish.

So that is how to make Raspberry cupcakes!

Thank you of reading!

Blog Signature

36 responses to “How to Bake Raspberry Cupcakes!”

1. These cupcakes look delicious – I will definitely need to try this recipe. Great post!
    Sarah X

2. Leah says:

It’s a shame the cakes stuck to the cases at first but at least they tasted amazing! I think they look absolutely delicious!

Cyber Mermaids | Alternative beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog

3. Louise says:

Ahhh I’m a massive fan of jam haha! It’s a shame they didn’t turn out as planned! They look amazing though Xx

louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

4. Kate says:

These cakes look seriously good, they’re making my mouth water! I will 100% be making these now! X

Kate// itskaterose.com

5. Hannah says:

Oo these look so good! Will have to give the recipe a go!

6. CM says:

They look so yummy (:
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog!

CM | XIII.

7. Katherine says:

I hate when I bake and things don’t turn out as planned. Even though they stuck a little, they still look soooo gooood!

8. These look so YUM! Who cares if they didn’t turn out as planned! That’s the art of cooking / baking!!

9. Simone says:

OMG, I’m drooling! Your cupcakes really look yummy, I definitely have to save your recipe and try it out myself.

xx Simone from Zurich

10. Amy says:

Ooh these look yummy!

Amy –

11. Ileana says:

These cupcakes look so delicious!!! And I love that flour, the packaging is so cute! I used to buy it when I lived in Austria 🙂
    xoxo

Ileana

Novelstyle Blog

12. laura anne says:

I’m reading this whilst eating the brownies I baked today. Let’s just say your cupcakes look and sound way better than what I’ve made! haha xx

laurathinksabout.co.uk

13. Nicole Hurst says:

Oh these look amazing!! ill have to try them out this weekend.. Love Tanya bakes book so many good recipes x
    Nicole Nicoleannx

14. Wow, these look too good to eat! Absolutely in love with your blog, it’s so pretty! xo

15. kate says:

YUM! I haven’t baked in a while. Im so bad for picking up the ready made stuff! I should try these!
    Kate x
    themakeupartistschoice.com

16. Caitlin Houston says:

wow these look incredible, must give them a go x

17. Those cupcakes are so beautiful! I love raspberry in practically anything, so I’m sure I will love these cupcakes. xx

Jordyn // http://www.jordynpamela.com

18. Sonali says:

The cupcakes look so delicious, I am sure they state amazing…thank you for posting..