How to Bake Raspberry Brownies

This was supposed to be some kind of ‘spooky’ bake, but they didn’t turn out half as spooky as I expected, well they didn’t turn out spooky at all, so here are the regular Raspberry Brownies. This recipe caused me a lot of stress; at one point I thought I burnt it, so I nearly threw everything away, but luckily I realised that I didn’t and it would look smoother once the eggs were added.

In all honesty, I don’t think these brownies are as good as the ones I made before. These are a lot bigger, and there’s a lot more ingredients which makes them a lot richer and I don’t think I baked mine for long enough considering the inside is extremely gooey and I mean extremely gooey. The corners did burn, so maybe it’s supposed to be like that, but I’m not sure. I guess it’s all down to personal taste, and I’m sure a lot of people will like them.

Ingredients:

400g Soft Light Brown Sugar

250g Salted Butter

200g Dark Chocolate

100g Milk Chocolate

4 Large Eggs

140g Plain Flour

50g Cocoa Powder

200g Raspberries

Method:

1 .  Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease your baking tray that is ideally 20x30cm, I used butter, but the recipe says to use baking parchment, but butter works just fine too.

2 .  Put the butter, chocolate and sugar into a pan and gently melt, being sure to stir it occasionally with a wooden spoon. Once melted remove from heat.

3 . Stir in the eggs one by one to the mixture, and then sieve the flour and cocoa powder in as well. Once mixed stir in half of the raspberries and add the mixture to the baking tray.

4 . The recipe says to bake for 30 minutes, but it took me about 35-40 minutes before taking it out, as it wasn’t ready after 30 minutes.

5. Cool before cutting and store in an air tight container and eat within three days.

I didn’t create this recipe it is from the BBC Good Food website, if you’d like to check it out. I don’t think this is my best bake, but it does still taste good which is all that matters I guess.

Will you be giving these a go?

78 responses to “How to Bake Raspberry Brownies”

1. Louise says:

They look yummy. I guess with some decorations they could have been spooky haha! xx

louiselovesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

2. Yum these sound delicious! I’m glad you shared the recipe with us even though they may not be the best batch of brownies you’ve baked. I’m sure they were tasty =o)

3. Marina says:

Yesss Hannah, yess! I may or may not currently be salivating! What a delicious recipe! Brownies are always a fave in my eyes but sometimes they’re too rich and sickly and the addition of raspberries really helps to offset that, I can imagine! x Extremely gooey is just how I like them – OBSESSED! xx
    Marina x

• luxuryblush says:

I’m so glad you like the look of it, it sounds like you will love it! These are a little rich, but the raspberries do help. If you like your brownies gooey then you will love these!xx

4. Emily says:

Looks like we both had brownies on the brain this week! Yours look a lot healthier than mine, that’s for sure! Great idea to add raspberries!

Musings & More

5. Eleni says:

I love a good bake and these look so tasty! Will definitely try the recipe and even wondering if some white chocolate would be nice in there!

6. Missy May says:

That looks so moist and yummy!! Thanks for the recipe.

7. Sara says:

Raspberries are one of my absolute favourite ingredients to bake with, I can’t believe I haven’t tried them in brownies yet, I’ll definitely be giving this a go!

Sara – Flemingo

8. Heidi says:

Are those even real? They look so soft and ohh so mouth watering…

Heidi ✨ | Heidi’s Planner

9. Amber Atlanta says:

Considering the trouble that you had with the baking, I don’t think they turned out badly at all! Mine would look so much worse – trust me.. haha!
    Amber x

10. These looks so delicious! I’m not a big fan of raspberries but I’m thinking of the chocolate.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

11. These look SO GOOD!!!!! I love your baking posts and I can’t wait to try these.
    Sarah X

12. Rach says:

GOOD GRACIOUS THIS LOOKS GLORIOUS. yum yum yummmm i know what i’m making this weekend!

love, rach.
    please if you get the time, check out my blog and let me know what you think!
    So, hi.

13. I LOVE raspberries and chocolate, so this looks like a winning combo to me! And now I’m seriously craving brownies haha. YUM!

Susie | http://milehighdreamers.com

14. Sofia says:

Ohmygosh I love raspberries I haveeee to try this!!

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

15. Flo la vita says:

They look delicious, I’m definitely going to have to try baking them myself!

16. Stacey says:

This looks amazing! I must give these a try myself! Thanks for sharing hun!

17. Alyssa says:

This sounds yummy and perfect for Holiday dinner 🙂

xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

18. Sabiha says:

I haven’t tried raspberry in chocolate before but the sweet and i suspect sour element probably works very well x

franklyflawless.com

19. Jenny says:

Ooo I’ve never seen fruits in brownies before but these look so yummy! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Jenny | Geeky Posh

20. Glowyshoes says:

You tried and they still look good to the eyes..

Glowyshoes’s blog

21. these brownies my favourite thanks for sharing girl love you.. 🙂
    https://wpthemesfree.website best wordpress themes

22. Jyoti says:

They looks so yummy 🙂 Wonderful post dear!
    Beauty and Fashion Freaks

23. I’ve never had raspberries in brownies. Sounds interesting and lovely even though you didn’t’ think it was your best. I love to bake so I may give it a try.
    FASHION TALES

• luxuryblush says:

They do go together really well, some companies do raspberry chocolate and it’s really tasty. Thank you, I think they’d come out much better if they were left in the oven longer xx

24. Katya says:

Wow, I love raspberry brownies. It looks tasty and scrumptious. I am definitely trying this one.

StyleSprinter Blog by Katya Bychkova

25. Jaz says:

These brownies look absolutely delicious! I’ve added this post to my reading list so I can make at a later date! My mouth is watering just reading this post, thanks for sharing!
    Jaz xoxo

26. Radi says:

They look pretty good to me. I would totally eat them all 🙂

27. Naya says:

Ahh your brownies look so good! I like the idea of adding berries, great for breakfast or a quick snack. Love!

Naya // http://www.partyparrotblog.com

28. Diana says:

The same thing happens when I bake with raspberries! The inside never feels baked enough but then I fear of burning the outside! Regardless, these look amazing and I’ve never had raspberry brownies so I would definitely try baking these one day xx

• luxuryblush says:

Glad it isn’t just me! They do seem complicated to bake with, as I didn’t want it to burn on the outside, but then the middle just wasn’t cooking. I hope you love them if you give them a go xx

29. Don’t be so critical of yourself, these brownies look hella delicious, hun! Raspberry and chocolate is a deadly combo, will try this brownie idea:)
    xx

30. Emily says:

Ohhh wow these look delicious! Definitely saving this recipe to make! Lovely photos too xx

emily x ❤ | emilyloula.com

31. Grace says:

I have never thought of mixing raspberries and brownies, but these look delicious, will definitely give these a try next time I bake brownies!
    Grace xx
    gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk

32. omg Hannah these look AMAZING, I need to bake these asap!!!

33. Rachael says:

They may not have been spooky but they do look delicious, not the hugest Brownie fan normally, but could be converted with Raspberries, I’ll have to give it a go!
    Helpless Whilst Drying

34. Tiffany says:

I think these look delicious! I love making brownies so I’ll definitely be giving them a go at some point 🙂 x

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

35. Jasmine says:

Those look super yummy will definitely try and make a plant-based version of these!

36. Helen says:

Another amazing bake Hannah! The raspberries make these brownies look super professional. I can imagine if the fruity melted, it could look very gruesome and Halloweeny. Well done all the same, bet they were soo yummy! 🙂 xx

Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog