Happy late Blogmas day 12! This is hopefully the first baking post of many for this month, and what other place to start than brownies filled with Chocolate Orange? I used the same recipe as my first brownies, but switched out the milk and white chocolate for orange. This post is also a little late due to me only making these today, but there’s nothing like the present aye?
2. Add the butter and dark chocolate into a bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water. Remember to ensure your bowl isn’t touching the water. When everything is melted, take the bowl off of the heat and leave it on the side for later.
3. In a separate bowl sieve together the cocoa powder and plain flour. You will not be adding anything else to this bowl.
4. Break the eggs into a different bowl and add the sugar. Whisk until thick and creamy.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the eggs and sugar, and then fold in together with a figure 8 motion. Being careful to not knock the air out, so be sure to mix it slowly and by hand.
6. Use the same motions as the previous step to incorporate the flour and cocoa powder. If the mixture is still dry and dusty then it is not finished.
7. Then add the Chocolate orange, if you want a stronger orange taste you can add the zest of an orange or more chocolate.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and spread it out equally, as well as making sure it’s level.
9. After 25 minutes in the oven, take it out and carefully give the tray a little shake; if the mixture moves then it needs to go back in the oven for around five minutes. When it’s ready it will also have a shiny, papery crust.
10. Once cooked leave to cool before cutting into slices
I added icing sugar for decoration
These taste amazing, and will be perfect for this time of year, as you’ve got to love Chocolate Orange at Christmas time!
Have you done any baking recently?
Thank you for reading!
Hello, and welcome to my blog! My name is Hannah and I have been blogging here for four years. Here on luxuryblush you will find: reviews, recipes, hauls and much more! I hope you enjoy, and thank you for stopping by!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.