Happy late Blogmas day 12! This is hopefully the first baking post of many for this month, and what other place to start than brownies filled with Chocolate Orange? I used the same recipe as my first brownies, but switched out the milk and white chocolate for orange. This post is also a little late due to me only making these today, but there’s nothing like the present aye?
This is Blogmas Day 12: How to Bake Chocolate Orange Brownies!
- 185g Unsalted Butter
- 185g Dark Chocolate
- 85g Plain Flour
- 40g Cocoa Powder
- 1 and a half Terry’s Chocolate Oranges
- 3 Eggs
- 275g Caster Sugar
- Set the oven to 160C Conventional/ 180C Gas/ Gas 4. I used butter to grease the tray, as I don’t have any grease proof paper, and it works just fine.
2. Add the butter and dark chocolate into a bowl and melt over a pan of boiling water. Remember to ensure your bowl isn’t touching the water. When everything is melted, take the bowl off of the heat and leave it on the side for later.
3. In a separate bowl sieve together the cocoa powder and plain flour. You will not be adding anything else to this bowl.
4. Break the eggs into a different bowl and add the sugar. Whisk until thick and creamy.
5. Pour the chocolate mixture into the bowl with the eggs and sugar, and then fold in together with a figure 8 motion. Being careful to not knock the air out, so be sure to mix it slowly and by hand.
6. Use the same motions as the previous step to incorporate the flour and cocoa powder. If the mixture is still dry and dusty then it is not finished.
7. Then add the Chocolate orange, if you want a stronger orange taste you can add the zest of an orange or more chocolate.
8. Pour the mixture into the prepared tray and spread it out equally, as well as making sure it’s level.
9. After 25 minutes in the oven, take it out and carefully give the tray a little shake; if the mixture moves then it needs to go back in the oven for around five minutes. When it’s ready it will also have a shiny, papery crust.
10. Once cooked leave to cool before cutting into slices
I added icing sugar for decoration
These taste amazing, and will be perfect for this time of year, as you’ve got to love Chocolate Orange at Christmas time!
Have you done any baking recently?
That was Blogmas Day 12: How to Bake Chocolate Orange Brownies!
Thank you for reading!