Home » Blogmas Day 23: What I’ve Learnt From Blogmas

Blogmas Day 23: What I’ve Learnt From Blogmas

I feel like I can’t really call this Blogmas, as I’ve hardly done any festive posts. Saying that I did Blogmas last year, and most of my festive posts are there. This year has been an experience either way. How daily bloggers do it, I started to struggle after about day 9. I do think I’ve learnt a lot, and of course I’m going to share it with you. If you would like to know what I’ve learnt from Blogmas, then carry on reading!

It’s Stressful

I’m not going to lie; it’s been a really stressful experience. I mean that might not be true for you, but I’ve struggled this year. Mainly with finding the time to get posts up. Blogmas has been tough, but I guess I should have prepared a little better.

I’m a Completionist

Even when it was getting really stressful (hello blog post going up at 10:30pm), the idea of giving up or simply missing a day was not an option. I’d end up feeling a lot worse if I skipped a day or gave up half way through. This is a big reason why I’m pretty sure I’m not going to do it again, because I cause myself too much stress.

Struggling to Keep Up

Since I’ve had to make sure a new post is published every day, checking all of the other socials has had to take a back seat. I have also not been able to keep up with other blogs, as I just haven’t had the time,  so I’m looking forward to a catch up when it’s all finished.

It’s Rewarding

Once every post is live, it’s an amazing feeling. It’s very rewarding to know that you’ve done it. Blogmas is a lot of hard work, so the feeling afterwards is amazing.

Starting Earlier Would’ve Helped

I got my first nine or so posts written and scheduled towards the end of November, and it went down from there. I know it wouldn’t be so stressful if I had got more posts ready beforehand, but hindsight is wonderful right? Starting earlier is definitely a main lesson to takeaway. If I had taken my own advice, I would have been fine!

That is What I’ve learnt from Blogmas!

Have you done Blogmas this year? / What are your thoughts on Blogmas?

1. 24th December 2017 / 12:11 am

I’m completely with you on everything and my posts haven’t all been Christmassy either. It’s incredible stressful and I can’t quite believe I’ll have done it tomorrow, it certainly feels rewarding but I’ve definitely struggled with time. I’m so behind on many of my favourite blogs as I simply just haven’t had the time to read them, my Pinterest has been neglected too but I have tried as much as I can and I’m happy to have done it. Well done lovely! & have an amazing Christmas!! Xx

Kristy | http://www.thevioletblonde.com

• 31st December 2017 / 3:54 pm

So glad you agree too! It’s hard to keep it festive isn’t it? Congratulations on getting it done, it’s such an achievement! It’ll be good to be able to catch up with everything too. I hope you had a fab Christmas, and a Happy New Year xx

2. 24th December 2017 / 12:53 am

I feel the same! I missed a few days which was so dissapointing but life just gets so busy around the holidays! If i do it again (honestly not sure if I would) I think I would need to be way more on top of it. I have loved reading your blogmas posts! Happy holidays x Brynn

• 31st December 2017 / 3:57 pm

Sometimes life gets in the way and that’s okay. It’s really hard to keep up isn’t it? Thank you so much that means a lot! Happy Holidays xx

3. 24th December 2017 / 6:39 pm

Congratulations on blogmas! It’s such a great achievement as a blogger! I’m too stress-prone to handle it, but I have so much respect and admiration to those who do! Awesome job 🙂

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

• 31st December 2017 / 3:58 pm

Thank you so much, that means a lot!xx

4. 27th December 2017 / 10:38 am

This is a really helpful blog post as I’m thinking about doing it next year and I didn’t understand all the struggles that you actually went through to get your posts up as well as the stress! Well done though, your posts were amazing!
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

• 31st December 2017 / 4:02 pm

Thank you, I’m glad you think so! It’s definitely a struggle, but I guess it’s easier if you plan it properly. Thank you so much!xx