Blogmas Day 24: How to Bake Reindeer Cookies

Happy Christmas Eve! Today marks the last day of Blogmas, and what other way to go out than with some adorable cookies? If you’d like to find out how to bake Reindeer cookies, then keep reading!

I’ve made these today, and it feels like it’s taken all day, as I started early this morning, then had to nip to Tesco for the Smarties, Icing and Chocolate. Then I may have fallen asleep, so when I woke up I finally finished them.

I’d say this is one of my better bakes with how fun it’s been, as it’s something different from the others. I also thought the decorating would be a lot harder than it actually was. These are Cinnamon flavour, but if that isn’t your thing, I have a recipe for Chocolate Orange Brownies.

Anyway let’s get into the baking; this is how to bake Reindeer Cookies.

Ingredients:

150g Self Raising Flour

150g Plain Flour

3 Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon

125g Butter

100g Sugar

1 Beaten Egg

Icing Sugar

Smarties

Chocolate Decorating Pen – This is the one I used

Chocolate Chips

Method: (The cookie recipe is not my own, it’s from All Recipes)

Set the Oven to 160 Degrees / Gas Mark 3

Sift both of the flours and Cinnamon into a bowl

In a separate bowl mix the butter and sugar until smooth. Once smooth add the egg and mix well.

Stir in the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is firm.

Put the dough on a lightly floured board and knead until smooth.

Using a rolling-pin, roll the dough out to as think or as thick as you would like the cookies to be.

Once rolled out, cut into shapes. I actually used a Rabbit cut out that I got for Easter, and made them look like Reindeer with the decorations. Once done place on a greased baking tray.

Bake in the oven until they are a light gold colour. This should take around 10-15 minutes. Let cool and harden.

Decorating

I don’t know how much icing sugar I actually used, but I definitely ended up wasting a lot of it. In reality you don’t need that much, as it’s to stick the chocolate chips and smarties down.

I made the icing first, and then put the smarties in a bowl and the chocolate chips in another bowl.

Take your smartie and dip one side into the icing. Once you’ve done that, place it onto the centre pressing lightly to ensure it’s stuck.

Afterwards do the same with the chocolate chips, but place them above the smarties for the eyes.

Then get your chocolate pen and draw little antlers on the ears.

Leave to set and you have your Cinnamon Reindeer cookies!

I hope you all have a fab Christmas, and enjoy your day!

Merry Christmas, and thank you for reading!

42 responses to “Blogmas Day 24: How to Bake Reindeer Cookies”

1. Naya says:

You are a wizard! These look so cute and delicious. Merry Christmas Hannah! Have an amazing holiday season xx

Naya // http://www.partyparrotblog.com

2. Liv says:

These are absolutely adorable!! Hope you had a good christmas babe xx
    liv
    livwrites.co.uk

3. Katie says:

Ohh wow, these look just amazing! I’m going to be doing some baking this weekend so I might have to use this recipe <3 xx

Katie | http://www.katiekirkloves.com/

4. Narhee says:

These are so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Narhee | Made in Mauve

5. Mica says:

Oh these look awesome, how fun! I like the idea of reusing a bunny cookie cutter – when you finish decorating you’d never know!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are having a great week! I’m enjoying that quiet lazy period between Christmas and New Years and relaxing a bit.

Away From The Blue Blog

6. Velvet Blush says:

These look amazing! I hope you had a great Christmas x

Velvet Blush

7. Louise says:

They look so yummy! xx

louiselovesbeauty.com

8. these look so adorable and really yummy!!

9. These look so adorable. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas holiday. Happy New Year, lovely. <3 /Madison
    FASHION TALES

10. Those cookies look so adorable and delicious! Too bad that Christmas is over.
    Victoria-Maria xx || Vidcaria

11. Courtney says:

Those cookies look so good, and cute!

12. These are so ridiculously cute! I still consider it the holidays (okay, maybe I’m in denial), so I’ll have to make some of these ASAP :).

Susie | http://milehighdreamers.com

13. Alexandra says:

Such a great post!
    Keep it up the good work.

Happy new year!
    Cheers,
    Alexandra | Perfect Pair Of Thigh-High Boots During This Winter

14. Chanel says:

These are adorable, need to make these! I think I might put some ginger and make them a little gingerbread-y.

x,
    S | Je M’appelle Chanel

15. These reindeer cookies are adorable and they look so easy to make too! I’ll definitely be giving these a go next Christmas!

Heather xx

16. They look cute and they are easy to do, I pinned this as reminder!! xx

17. Sakuranko says:

Oh very delicious and cute recipe darling
    xx

18. Great post! They look so incredibly cute! I might try a gluten free version of this! Have a wonderful 2018!

Marije | thegfguide.com

19. Alice says:

These look so so yummy and are so adorable too! I definitely would’ve absolutely demolished them haha, would’ve found it hard not to eat the smarties before putting them on the cookies though… heh
    Alice Xx

20. Cris says:

OMG They look adorable and delicious too. Thanks for sharing this amazing recipe. xoxo Cris