• Beauty
    19th August 2018 View Post
  • Skincare
    The Body Shop Haul
    15th August 2018 View Post
  • Home » How to Bake White Chocolate Oreo Blondies

How to Bake White Chocolate Oreo Blondies

I’m going to be honest here; I don’t know what a blondie is. I’d see the name floating around and never look in to it. On my quest to find something new to bake I decided to give these a go. I’ve now learnt that a Blondie is similar to a brownie, but you swap the cocoa powder for vanilla extract. You also use brown sugar instead.

I based the recipe off of this one from Olive, but I made some little changes. The main one being using Oreos instead of Jammie Dodgers. Like all of my bakes I’ve managed to burn the outsides. Seriously it happens with practically everything, from my brownies to cakes

Ingredients:

200g Unsalted Butter

250g Light Brown Soft Sugar

100g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar

200g White Chocolate

275g Plain Flour

3 Eggs

1 tsp Vanilla Extract

24 Mini Oreos

1/4 tsp Salt

Method:

Gently heat the butter in a pan, until it’s golden brown. Then add both of the sugars and 100g of the White Chocolate, stirring until melted and fully combined. The recipe also says to tip into a bowl and leave to cool for 5-10 minutes. I completely managed to miss that last bit off though, who knows how. Mine was left in the pan, which probably didn’t help.

Preheat the oven  to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Butter and line a 20x30cm brownie tin. I just used butter and it came out easily.

Sift the flour into a separate bowl and add the salt.

Add the eggs one at a time to the cooled butter, sugar and chocolate. Being sure to mix each one before adding the next. Then stir in the vanilla and fold in the flour.

Stir in the rest of the chocolate, and add around 10 roughly cut Oreos.

Spoon the mixture into your prepared brownie tin, and spread evenly. Gently press your remaining Oreos over the top, so you can still see the top of them.

I baked mine for 25 minutes, but they definitely should have come out a little earlier. The recipe suggests 25-30 minutes.

Leave to cool in the tin and then cut into squares, or whatever kind of shape you like.

There you have it! You now have White Chocolate Oreo Blondies!

Have you ever tried a Blondie?

1. 3rd June 2018 / 5:55 pm

Ohh these look lovely defiantly craving one right now! , May have to bake these soon 💗
      Liv xx

• 4th June 2018 / 6:26 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you love them if you decide to give them a go xx

2. 3rd June 2018 / 7:40 pm

These look heavenly! This post is making it harder to say no to my sweet tooth haha!

Rachel | rachelemmablog.blogspot.co.uk

• 7th June 2018 / 8:48 pm

Thank you so much! Haha, it’s hard to resist!xx

3. 3rd June 2018 / 8:38 pm

These look delicious! I love making blondies, I find they’re one of the things I bake that usually turns out well most of the time haha. Great to see another recipe from you 🙂

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

• 7th June 2018 / 8:50 pm

Thank you! They’re fun to make, and it’s always good to find a bake you love! Glad you like them!xx

4. 5th June 2018 / 10:56 am

Oh my these look amazing! I love Oreo and Brownies so the 2 together would make a perfect treat X

• 7th June 2018 / 8:50 pm

Thank you so much! It sounds like you would love these!xx

• 7th June 2018 / 8:51 pm

It’s not a problem, thank you for stopping by!xx

• 7th June 2018 / 8:52 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy them!xx

5. 7th June 2018 / 11:48 pm

I’ve only ever baked Brownies and like you not looked into
      what Blondies actually are! Thanks for sharing, I’ll definitely give these a go. They look delicious!

Samantha x

Thebeautyspyglass

• 8th June 2018 / 6:16 pm

No problem, I’m glad I’m not the only one who wasn’t sure what they were haha! I hope you like them if you give them a go, they taste amazing!xx

6. 8th June 2018 / 7:58 am

These look so yummy, especially with the Oreo pieces in! I’ve never tried blondies but look so good

Kay xx

• 8th June 2018 / 6:17 pm

The Oreo pieces really give it a great flavour! I hope you love them, if you give them a go!xx

• 8th June 2018 / 6:50 pm

Blondies don’t seem to be very popular, but they do taste really great! The Oreos really make it that much better xx

7. 10th June 2018 / 5:51 am

Yum! This recipe combines two of my favourite things! Oreos and white chocolate! I’m 100% giving this recipe a go! I didn’t actually know what a blondie was before reading your post so thanks for teaching me something new! 🙂

• 10th June 2018 / 1:08 pm

They’re both so good aren’t they?! I hope you love them too. It’s no problem, I didn’t either at first xx

• 15th June 2018 / 12:49 pm

They taste amazing! I hope you love them too!xx

8. 15th June 2018 / 5:38 pm

Stop the bus. These look incredible! I’m definitely going to be trying out this recipe- thank you so much for sharing! Sending you good vibes – have a wonderful weekend!

Nati x | http://www.lifeaftercoffeeblog.com | @NAfterCoffee

• 17th June 2018 / 1:22 am

Thank you, I’m glad you think so! I hope you love them too, they taste amazing. Thank you, and the same to you too xx

9. 25th July 2018 / 10:09 pm

Oooo! These look delicious! Just when I thought I was going on a diet. LOL! I’m going to try these out this weekend! <3

• 27th August 2018 / 4:44 pm