I don’t tend to bake cupcakes very often, as I really struggle with buttercream, but I’m hoping that more practice means it’ll get better. In all fairness these Funfetti ones turned out a lot better than the Raspberry ones I made last year.
I got this recipe from Zoella, whilst following her YouTube video, but I did it a little differently, due to not using a mixer.
Funfetti is a shorter and probably a better way of saying vanilla cupcake packed with sprinkles.
The sprinkles I used are from Tesco so not as bright as the ones Zoella used. They also seem to be a lot more blue/ green, which looks rather unfortunate. If you’re after brighter ones, I think Amazon is your only option, as ours in the UK seem to be rather dull.
This is How to Bake Funfetti Cupcakes!
125g Unsalted Butter
2 Large Free Range Eggs
125g Caster Sugar
125g Self Raising Flour
1/4 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
1 1/2 tablespoons of milk
1/4 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
As many sprinkles as you want
335g Icing Sugar
150g Unsalted Butter
1 – 2 tablespoons of whole milk
1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
Sprinkle to top!
1 . Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius /338 Fahrenheit / Gas Mark 3. Prep the cupcake tray with the cases. I actually ran out of the cupcake cases and had to use muffin ones for some.
2 . Cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and mix. Then add the Vanilla extract and mix again.
4. Fold in the flour and bicarbonate soda, and slowly add the milk until the batter is smooth. Once everything is mixed add as many sprinkles as you like.
5. Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and leave them to bake for 13 minutes. The recipe states 20 minutes, but I found them to be perfect after around 13; it’s all about how long your oven has had to preheat.
6. Leave them to cool before applying the buttercream.
1. In a bowl cream together the butter and icing sugar.
2. Mix them together and then add the milk to make the texture a little thinner
3. Add the vanilla extract and mix together
4. Pipe the buttercream onto the cakes and finish with sprinkles
There you have it, you’ve now got Funfetti cupcakes! Unfortunately the one I halved didn’t look very Funfetti, so Amazon is probably the best place to go to get better sprinkles.
That was How to Bake Funfetti Cupcakes!
Have you tried these before?
Thank you for reading!