New in My Beauty Stash

This is a longer way of saying Collective Haul, but come on it does sound a little fancier… right?  Considering I’ve hardly bought any new makeup this year, I thought I’d roundup a few of the products I’ve bought recently and share them with you here.

Primark | Setting Spray

I saw people raving about these on Instagram, so I knew I had to go and find them for myself. There are three variations: Matte, Glow and Hydrate. Out of the three I have Glow and Hydrate, as these are the ones that stood out the most to me. In my local store, Glow and Matte were everywhere, but Hydrate was a little harder to get hold of. It wasn’t on the shelves, but there was one left by the tills.

Hydrate is infused with rose-water, hyaluronic acid and aloe vera.

Glow is infused with Vitamin B5, illuminating pearls and aloe vera.

I’ve not really tried Hydrate, but I have been loving Glow. The mist isn’t the finest, but after a good shake it doesn’t leave patches of glitter on the skin. For £4 these are amazing!

Maybelline | Dream Satin Liquid Foundation

I have used this a couple of times, and it is quickly becoming a favourite. Nobody seems to talk about this one, but it’s been amazing for my dry skin, as it contains hydrating serum. The only problem for me is the shade range, as I have the shade 01 Natural Ivory, but it’s too dark.

Revolution Pro | Regeneration Palette – Mirage

I wanted to try a Revolution palette, but I found it hard to pick one that doesn’t look similar to something I’ve already got. In the end I went for Mirage, even though it does look quite similar to the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. I’m yet to try this, but I’ve heard plenty of good things about the pro palettes, so I’m looking forward to testing it.

e.l.f | Moonlight Pearls Baked Highlighter

I swatched this in Superdrug and it went straight into my basket. For £5 this seemed like a great highlighter, it swatched beautifully in store, but getting it home it’s a different story. I don’t know what it is, but it’s just so dry and my brush doesn’t pick anything up. It takes about four layers to get a decent glow. Moonlight Pearls is a champagne shade that leaves a gorgeous finish when you’ve spent the time building it up. I’ll have to try this wet, and hope for better results.

Revolution | Fast Base Stick Foundation F1

I’ve wanted to try this for a long time, but the time has come to finally give it a try. I’ve heard some mixed reviews, but a lot of people have been saying it’s good for dry skin, so I just had to get it. The stick aspect seems a little strange, as it’s something I’m not used to, but we’ll see how we get on.

Real Techniques | Brush Crush

Pink glittery brushes? How could I not pick something up. I was just going to pick the 300 Powder brush up, but there was an offer on, so I got the 302 Blush Brush too. Aren’t these the most Instagrammable brushes you’ve ever seen? Plus Real Techniques always make quality brushes, so I doubt these will be any different.

Maybelline | Superstay Matte Ink 60 Poet

I have had this on my wish list for the longest time. I’ve heard so many good things, and of course I went and picked up the nude shade. It’s a soft pink beige which sounds like a contender for an everyday shade. The packaging is stunning, and I love how easy it is to find the shade you’re after. These smell like icing and leave a matte finish.

I also picked up some things from Wet n Wild, as you might have seen on my Instagram. They might feature in a blog post at a later time.

There are my new additions!

Have you tried anything new recently?

1. 22nd August 2018 / 5:01 pm

I have this stick from Revolution and unfortunately I don’t like it:( I am very curious about these setting sprays from Primark, I must go shopping during the weekend and try them; d

• 22nd August 2018 / 8:13 pm

Aw no, gutted you don’t like it! I’m wearing it today, and I’m liking it so far. They’re definitely worth a try, I hope you like them xx

• 22nd August 2018 / 8:13 pm

Glad you like it! I’m wearing it today, and really liking it so far. Thank you for stopping by xx

• 22nd August 2018 / 8:19 pm

It’s okay. Thank you for taking the time to reply. Xx

• 22nd August 2018 / 8:29 pm

It’s a pretty shade, shame about the dodgy overspray thing xx

• 22nd August 2018 / 8:29 pm

I hope you love the pieces you pick up! A good splurge is good every once and a while xx

2. 22nd August 2018 / 8:29 pm

Ooh those brushes are so pretty! I really want to try those Primark sprays, I’ve not heard of them before reading this but will definitely be picking up the glow one when I’m next in Primark!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

• 22nd August 2018 / 8:39 pm

Definitely couldn’t pass them up, the glitter is everything! They’re amazing for the price, and definitely worth a try if you can find them xx

3. 22nd August 2018 / 8:43 pm

That Revolution eyeshadow palette is so pretty – I love the colours in it! I’ve been wanting to treat myself to a new eyeshadow palette for a while but I’ve been unsure of which one to get. This one is one I’ll definitely have to consider! The Real Technique brushes are gorgeous too!

Amy,

• 22nd August 2018 / 8:52 pm

It’s such a great looking palette, and so affordable too. Revolution have so many beautiful palettes. Couldn’t resist those glitter handles haha!xx

4. 22nd August 2018 / 9:00 pm

Oooo I’ve tried fast base but I prefer the revolution pro drops. The stick is good on dry skin though! I love the shade of that highlight. It’s a shame it didn’t work out. You’ve got me interested in those Primark sprays too. The ingredients in both sound great x

Sophie

• 22nd August 2018 / 9:28 pm

I’ve heard so many people rave about the drops, I definitely need to look into them at a later time! That’s good then! It’s a beautiful highlight, just hoping it’s got some kind of overspray that’ll work better over time. They’re really great, I’ve been using Glow everyday xx

5. 22nd August 2018 / 9:30 pm

You got some amazing things for sure, I love the look of the blush crush brushes from real techniques, I have been tempted to get these for ages now. The Primark setting sprays sound good too, will have to look at them when in Primark

Melissa 💕 |

Moonlight Mel

• 24th August 2018 / 10:18 pm

Thank you, I’m glad you think so! They look the part that’s for sure. They’re really great xx

6. 23rd August 2018 / 1:35 am

nice haul. love the pretty brushes. ♡

torichux3.blogspot.com

7. Lisa Autumn
    23rd August 2018 / 12:42 pm

OMG the palette looks dreamy!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

• 24th August 2018 / 10:19 pm

Can’t wait to give it a try properly!xx

8. Georgia Owen
    23rd August 2018 / 1:01 pm

Ooh looks like you got some great bits – particularly intrigued by those Primark mists, especially as they’re only £4! Also those brushes are beaut <3

//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

• 24th August 2018 / 10:20 pm

Thank you! They’re so good, especially for the price! Couldn’t resist the glitter haha!xx

9. Nina
    23rd August 2018 / 9:15 pm

This palette is so pretty, love the shades. You’ve got some nice products.

Nina’s Style Blog

• 24th August 2018 / 10:20 pm

It’s got so many fab shades! Thank you xx

10. 25th August 2018 / 5:48 am

All of these look so beautiful! The brands you mentioned are some of my all time favorites, but I never tried any of these particular products – I’m definitely gonna have to check them out! Thanks for sharing! I love your photos too!

melissakacar.blogspot.com

• 26th August 2018 / 8:10 pm

Thank you! I’m glad you love them too, and glad to show you some newness haha! Thank you so much xx

• 26th August 2018 / 8:10 pm

Thank you so much, glad you like them too xx

11. 26th August 2018 / 11:07 am

Great post! Those brushes are stunning! I love the pink gradient! You picked up some really nice things. It’s a shame about the highlighter. It does look really pretty!

• 26th August 2018 / 8:11 pm

Thank you! They’re definitely pretty looking, could not resist the pink glitter handles. It should be nice for those who like subtle, it just takes a bit of work to build it up xx

12. 26th August 2018 / 3:25 pm

Those brushes are soo pretty! I am tempted to get them but I really don’t need any new makeup brushes! I do want to try that spray from Primark! I’ve heard so many good things about their beauty products!

Tracy

• 26th August 2018 / 8:13 pm

Glad you think so too! Definitely not worth it if you think you won’t use them. They’re so good, especially for the price. They seem to be killing it at the minute xx

13. 26th August 2018 / 8:12 pm

I really like the RT Brush Crush brushes, they’re so so pretty. Have you seen all of the galaxy range?! xx

Gemma Etc. ❤️

• 26th August 2018 / 8:13 pm

They’re gorgeous! Yes they look so beautiful too, they’re coming out with some amazing ranges xx