Collective Beauty and Skincare Haul

The title is a short, (but not really) way of saying ‘A Beauty Bay and Cult Beauty Haul’. I am a little late with this, as I bought all of this way before the black Friday sales, but I’ve not got around to publishing until now.

Let’s get into the haul!

Too Faced | Gingerbread Spice Palette

First of all how adorable is this palette? The packaging is cute and the shade range is beautiful. I will admit that it’s not the most groundbreaking palette shade wise, but it seems extremely wearable which is the main thing. Too Faced shadows have not let me down so far, so I’m expecting the quality to be there too. There is a slight scent to this too, that is supposed to be reminiscent of freshly baked gingerbread.

Too Faced | The Sweet Smell of Christmas

I love the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks, but I haven’t tried the matte formula before. What better place to start than the Christmas minis? Each one is inspired by a different aspect of the festive season. In this gift set, you get four shades: Pumpkin Spice, Hot Buttered Rum, Sugar Cookie and Cinnamon Bear. These liquid lipsticks are fused with avocado oil, vitamin E.

Caudalie | Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet

I’ve had my eye on this for a while, and it was firmly on my wish list. I picked this up as my moisturiser had run out and I needed something else. I’ve used it a few times, and I don’t think it’s hydrating enough for me. It’s probably just because it’s getting cold and my skin can’t take it. I think it’d be great for Spring/ Summer and it’s more of a morning moisturiser than an evening one.

The Inkey List | Vitamin C Serum

I know a lot of people swear by having Vitamin C in their skincare routine, so I knew I wanted to try it too. After looking around I come across this Serum on Cult Beauty, and at £7.99 I gave it a go. I’ve used it a few times and I’m really not sure how I feel. This can cause a tingle, but I’ve not had a problem with that as to yet. I have had the problem of it turning my hand orange, which probably isn’t that much of a problem, but as someone who doesn’t fake tan to have tan hands is a little odd.

Mario Badescu | Skin Renewal Complex

First things first is that this pot is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, especially for £19.50. This can be used as a day or night cream and like the Caudalie sorbet, it’s not as hydrating as I’d like. It’s also got a smell that’s similar to plasticine, which obviously isn’t the best. I do like that this is also supposed to repair the skin and improve skin tone and vitality. I’ve not tried this enough to give my full opinion.

Laura Geller | Filter First Foundation

I saw someone review this foundation. (I’m sorry I can’t remember who it was) From the review I knew that I needed to give it a try. The review on Beauty Bay also says that it oxidises, so I went for the lightest shade Ivory and that might be something that’s worth noting. This is supposed to be medium to full coverage with a luminous finish.

That is everything I’ve bought recently!

Have you tried anything new recently?

57 responses to “Collective Beauty and Skincare Haul”

1. Amelia says:

Loved the post Hannah! TooFaced always do the best packaging! The palette and lipsticks both look amazing xx

Amelia / http://rosetintedpics.co.uk

2. Anika May says:

The Gingerbread palette is so cute! The packaging alone makes me want to buy it.

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

3. Annie says:

I am obsessed with that Two Faced Gingerbread Spice palette! I love the design so much! I think the fact that it’s slightly scented as well is so cool. The lipsticks are super cute as well!

4. I haven’t bought new makeup in such a long time but seeing what you managed to pick up makes me want to buy a few new bits. I really wanted to try the Mario Badescu cream but I’m not sure about that smell! Thanks for sharing your little haul x

• luxuryblush says:

I hadn’t bought any for a while before this haul either, it’s a good time of the year as there are some fab Christmas releases. It’s definitely a little strange of a scent for a face cream. No problem, thank you for stopping by xx

5. That gingerbread palette is the dream! Loving all the shade and the design! And OMG, that matte lipsticks!

6. Jess says:

I love the shades in that Gingerbread palette I really wishing I bought it! Hope you love that liquid lipstick set though, I have it and absolutely adore it!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

7. Kayla Jayne says:

The Sweet Smell of Christmas liquid lipstick set is on my Christmas list! The shades are beautiful!

8. Michelle Blackadar says:

great post! I haven’t actually tried any of these products but I have really wanted to try the Too Faced palette. I love Too Faced products and none of them have let me down so i’m sure the eyeshadow palette wouldn’t either. xx

mich / simplymich.com

• luxuryblush says:

Thank you so much! Too Faced have done so good with the Christmas collection this year everything is so cute. I hope they come back into stock soon and you can get your hands on them xx

9. Sahara says:

I love the names in the palette, it seems like a perfect selection of shades for casual and more glam days! I haven’t tried the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks before but I’ve heard a bit about them! I love the shades too, all really wearable on the daily.

I haven’t read of the Laura Geller foundation before but ah! thank you for mentioning that it oxidizes. From previous experience foundations that oxidize aren’t really the best for me.

Sahara

• luxuryblush says:

Yeah the names are so cute, it’s so fitting for a Christmas palette. Yes it’s such a fab palette with shades that’ll be great for all occasions. I’ve heard some great things about them too, and this set seems like a great place to start.

Yeah the review left on Beauty Bay mentioned it, so it seemed fitting to mention it here too. I’ve tried it once and it seemed alright colour wise xx

10. Oooh the Laura Geller foundation looks amazing!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

11. Rhianna says:

Those lipsticks sound good enough to eat! Shame about the Caudalie moisturiser – I’ve been wanting to try their products but maybe like you say, it’s better to try that one in warmer weather! I’d recommend a sleeping pack for moisture in the winter – some recommendations in my latest post 🙂

The Mario Badescu stuff I have a love-hate relationship with – I bought the silver powder which is a tiny pot and pretty expensive for what it is, and I can’t really see a huge difference to my skin since using it?! I also can’t work out if I think the branding is TOO simple or not – I expect fancier packaging from stuff of this price! What do you think?!

Rhianna x

• luxuryblush says:

So true! It’s such a good idea, and the colours are a great match. It’s definitely one for the summer, it’s very lightweight and doesn’t seem to do much. Can imagine it’ll be better in the Summer. Yes sleeping packs are great and I love the ones you mentioned in your post!

So true, it seems very expensive for what it is. Especially when your paying a lot for a tiny pot. It’s also a pain if you can’t see a difference, that’s shocking! Yeah, I know what you mean. When you’re paying £20 for a little plastic pot it’s a bit ridiculous, especially if the products aren’t worth the price xx

12. dora says:

The colours in the palette look like so much fun! I haven’t tried any Too Faced products yet, but I hear such great things about them
    Dora

13. Gemma says:

Some lovely products here! I especially love the TooFaced palette, how gorgeous is that. Definitely very festive, the shades are perfect, you can create some perfect looks with them.

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

14. I love the gingerbread packaging! Some lovely products here – great post girl!

15. Bambi says:

Too Faced palette is like a dream palette but after all I’ve decided to go for 2 other makeup sets from Too Faced so I have to keep myself away from this one 🙂

16. love the shades in the Gingerbread spice palette, Toofaced have nailed their Christmas collection this year! I haven’t tried Laura Gellar’s foundations before but the fact that its luminous is making me want to xx

Violethollow.com

17. Amber Atlanta says:

I bet the gingerbread scent of the Too Faced products is insane! The shades do look super wearable like you say, but it doesn’t appear the most ground breaking eyeshadow palette. The packaging is super cute which is a plus though!
    Amber | http://www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

18. Siobhán says:

I’m still waiting on orders to arrive! I love that palette and foundation. I’m gutted that I missed the Too Faced liquid lipstick set! xx

Beautylymin | Pat McGrath Lipstick Trio Giveaway

19. I also recently picked up the too faced gingerbread palette and I’m very obsessed with it. It’s just absolutely gorgeous!

20. Tiffany says:

Those two faced lipsticks are so pretty! I’m desperate to try some of them. Also love the look of the gingerbread palette, it’s so festive! xx

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

21. Kara says:

You got some really nice products! I’ve actually never tried anything from Two Faced before, but those mini liquid lipsticks look beautiful. I haven’t bought that much makeup recently but I’m going to need to try some of Two Faced’s products.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

22. I got the gingerbread spice palette too and its beautiful and would also make an amazing gift.
    ❤︎

23. Maiya says:

I’ve got my eye on that too faced palette! It’s so pretty! xx

24. Cliona says:

The Gingerbread Spice palette looks gorgeous! I love Too Faced palettes! x

25. Naomi says:

The Too Faced packaging is excellent, and the eyeshadows look gorgeous!! I feel you on how small some of the Mario Badescu products are, so tiny!
    I’d be interested to read an in depth review of the foundation!! xx Naomi

• luxuryblush says:

They get the packaging so right, it’s always so cute! Yes, the shades are fab too! It’s such a shame that they’re so tiny when the price is kind of up there. I’ll be sure to write something up soon!xx

26. I am going to have to try out the Laura Gellar foundation soon!

Danielle xx

27. Ellese says:

Oh my gosh! All of these look incredible! Thanks for sharing. XO, Ellese

Rock.Paper.Glam.

28. How gorgeous is the Too Faced Christmas collection, I want everything!! Xx

29. Jasmine says:

I’m so in love with my Gingerbread Spice palette! I definitely want to try more from the Inkey List – I love their HA!

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

30. Chanel says:

So obsessed with that Too Faced melted set and that Gingerbread palette. What lipstick was your fave from the set?

x,