Home » Collective Beauty and Skincare Haul

Collective Beauty and Skincare Haul

The title is a short, (but not really) way of saying ‘A Beauty Bay and Cult Beauty Haul’. I am a little late with this, as I bought all of this way before the black Friday sales, but I’ve not got around to publishing until now.

Let’s get into the haul!

Too Faced | Gingerbread Spice Palette

First of all how adorable is this palette? The packaging is cute and the shade range is beautiful. I will admit that it’s not the most groundbreaking palette shade wise, but it seems extremely wearable which is the main thing. Too Faced shadows have not let me down so far, so I’m expecting the quality to be there too. There is a slight scent to this too, that is supposed to be reminiscent of freshly baked gingerbread.

Too Faced | The Sweet Smell of Christmas

I love the Too Faced Melted liquid lipsticks, but I haven’t tried the matte formula before. What better place to start than the Christmas minis? Each one is inspired by a different aspect of the festive season. In this gift set, you get four shades: Pumpkin Spice, Hot Buttered Rum, Sugar Cookie and Cinnamon Bear. These liquid lipsticks are fused with avocado oil, vitamin E.

Caudalie | Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet

I’ve had my eye on this for a while, and it was firmly on my wish list. I picked this up as my moisturiser had run out and I needed something else. I’ve used it a few times, and I don’t think it’s hydrating enough for me. It’s probably just because it’s getting cold and my skin can’t take it. I think it’d be great for Spring/ Summer and it’s more of a morning moisturiser than an evening one.

The Inkey List | Vitamin C Serum

I know a lot of people swear by having Vitamin C in their skincare routine, so I knew I wanted to try it too. After looking around I come across this Serum on Cult Beauty, and at £7.99 I gave it a go. I’ve used it a few times and I’m really not sure how I feel. This can cause a tingle, but I’ve not had a problem with that as to yet. I have had the problem of it turning my hand orange, which probably isn’t that much of a problem, but as someone who doesn’t fake tan to have tan hands is a little odd.

Mario Badescu | Skin Renewal Complex

First things first is that this pot is a lot smaller than I thought it would be, especially for £19.50. This can be used as a day or night cream and like the Caudalie sorbet, it’s not as hydrating as I’d like. It’s also got a smell that’s similar to plasticine, which obviously isn’t the best. I do like that this is also supposed to repair the skin and improve skin tone and vitality. I’ve not tried this enough to give my full opinion.

Laura Geller | Filter First Foundation

I saw someone review this foundation. (I’m sorry I can’t remember who it was) From the review I knew that I needed to give it a try. The review on Beauty Bay also says that it oxidises, so I went for the lightest shade Ivory and that might be something that’s worth noting. This is supposed to be medium to full coverage with a luminous finish.

That is everything I’ve bought recently!

Have you tried anything new recently?

• 25th November 2018 / 8:10 pm

Thank you so much! That’s so true, it’s always the cutest. Glad you like the look of them too xx

1. 25th November 2018 / 4:37 pm

The Gingerbread palette is so cute! The packaging alone makes me want to buy it.

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

• 25th November 2018 / 8:11 pm

The packaging is definitely a huge selling point, it’s so cute!xx

2. 25th November 2018 / 8:25 pm

I am obsessed with that Two Faced Gingerbread Spice palette! I love the design so much! I think the fact that it’s slightly scented as well is so cool. The lipsticks are super cute as well!

• 26th November 2018 / 1:19 am

It’s such a good one! The packaging is super cute too, and yes! Love how Too Faced scent their products, it’s great. The colours are great xx

3. 25th November 2018 / 8:36 pm

I haven’t bought new makeup in such a long time but seeing what you managed to pick up makes me want to buy a few new bits. I really wanted to try the Mario Badescu cream but I’m not sure about that smell! Thanks for sharing your little haul x

• 26th November 2018 / 4:52 pm

I hadn’t bought any for a while before this haul either, it’s a good time of the year as there are some fab Christmas releases. It’s definitely a little strange of a scent for a face cream. No problem, thank you for stopping by xx

4. 25th November 2018 / 8:43 pm

That gingerbread palette is the dream! Loving all the shade and the design! And OMG, that matte lipsticks!

• 26th November 2018 / 4:53 pm

It’s such a beautiful palette the shades are everything! Yeah, Too Faced are killing it with the Christmas releases lately xx

5. 25th November 2018 / 8:48 pm

I love the shades in that Gingerbread palette I really wishing I bought it! Hope you love that liquid lipstick set though, I have it and absolutely adore it!

Jess // foundationsandfairytales.wordpress.com
    xx

• 26th November 2018 / 4:53 pm

It’s such a beautiful palette, hopefully it all comes back into stock soon! Ah glad you like it!xx

6. 25th November 2018 / 8:56 pm

The Sweet Smell of Christmas liquid lipstick set is on my Christmas list! The shades are beautiful!

• 26th November 2018 / 4:54 pm

The colours are beautiful! It’s definitely a fab gift xx

7. Michelle Blackadar
    25th November 2018 / 8:59 pm

great post! I haven’t actually tried any of these products but I have really wanted to try the Too Faced palette. I love Too Faced products and none of them have let me down so i’m sure the eyeshadow palette wouldn’t either. xx

mich / simplymich.com

• 26th November 2018 / 4:55 pm

Thank you so much! Too Faced have done so good with the Christmas collection this year everything is so cute. I hope they come back into stock soon and you can get your hands on them xx

8. 25th November 2018 / 9:00 pm

I love the names in the palette, it seems like a perfect selection of shades for casual and more glam days! I haven’t tried the Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipsticks before but I’ve heard a bit about them! I love the shades too, all really wearable on the daily.

I haven’t read of the Laura Geller foundation before but ah! thank you for mentioning that it oxidizes. From previous experience foundations that oxidize aren’t really the best for me.

Sahara

• 26th November 2018 / 4:59 pm

Yeah the names are so cute, it’s so fitting for a Christmas palette. Yes it’s such a fab palette with shades that’ll be great for all occasions. I’ve heard some great things about them too, and this set seems like a great place to start.

Yeah the review left on Beauty Bay mentioned it, so it seemed fitting to mention it here too. I’ve tried it once and it seemed alright colour wise xx

• 26th November 2018 / 5:00 pm

Hopefully it’s a good one! The packaging is great xx

9. 25th November 2018 / 9:14 pm

Those lipsticks sound good enough to eat! Shame about the Caudalie moisturiser – I’ve been wanting to try their products but maybe like you say, it’s better to try that one in warmer weather! I’d recommend a sleeping pack for moisture in the winter – some recommendations in my latest post 🙂

The Mario Badescu stuff I have a love-hate relationship with – I bought the silver powder which is a tiny pot and pretty expensive for what it is, and I can’t really see a huge difference to my skin since using it?! I also can’t work out if I think the branding is TOO simple or not – I expect fancier packaging from stuff of this price! What do you think?!

Rhianna x

• 26th November 2018 / 5:03 pm

So true! It’s such a good idea, and the colours are a great match. It’s definitely one for the summer, it’s very lightweight and doesn’t seem to do much. Can imagine it’ll be better in the Summer. Yes sleeping packs are great and I love the ones you mentioned in your post!

So true, it seems very expensive for what it is. Especially when your paying a lot for a tiny pot. It’s also a pain if you can’t see a difference, that’s shocking! Yeah, I know what you mean. When you’re paying £20 for a little plastic pot it’s a bit ridiculous, especially if the products aren’t worth the price xx

10. dora
    25th November 2018 / 9:20 pm

The colours in the palette look like so much fun! I haven’t tried any Too Faced products yet, but I hear such great things about them
    Dora

• 26th November 2018 / 5:04 pm

I love Too Faced, they have some fab products! The formula of the shadows is also great. This is definitely a brilliant palette xx

11. Gemma
    25th November 2018 / 9:28 pm

Some lovely products here! I especially love the TooFaced palette, how gorgeous is that. Definitely very festive, the shades are perfect, you can create some perfect looks with them.

Gemma | https://anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com/

• 26th November 2018 / 5:05 pm

Thank you, I’m glad you think so! It’s definitely a fab palette. Yes, that’s so true xx

12. 26th November 2018 / 3:56 pm

I love the gingerbread packaging! Some lovely products here – great post girl!

• 26th November 2018 / 5:06 pm

It’s so cute isn’t it? Too Faced have some fab products. Thank you so much, I’m glad you think so xx

13. 26th November 2018 / 5:18 pm

Too Faced palette is like a dream palette but after all I’ve decided to go for 2 other makeup sets from Too Faced so I have to keep myself away from this one 🙂

• 26th November 2018 / 7:22 pm

It’s definitely a pretty one! Ah at least you have two other sets, I bet they’re gorgeous. Enjoy them!xx

14. 26th November 2018 / 7:39 pm

love the shades in the Gingerbread spice palette, Toofaced have nailed their Christmas collection this year! I haven’t tried Laura Gellar’s foundations before but the fact that its luminous is making me want to xx

Violethollow.com

• 27th November 2018 / 9:40 pm

It’s definitely a pretty one! They really have! The luminous aspect is what sold me on it too haha xx

15. Amber Atlanta
    26th November 2018 / 8:10 pm

I bet the gingerbread scent of the Too Faced products is insane! The shades do look super wearable like you say, but it doesn’t appear the most ground breaking eyeshadow palette. The packaging is super cute which is a plus though!
    Amber | http://www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

• 27th November 2018 / 9:42 pm

Yeah it’s definitely not the most different palette, but it’s wearable with gorgeous shades, and the packaging is super cute xx

• 27th November 2018 / 9:43 pm

Yeah Black Friday orders seem to be taking a while. I hope it comes into stock soon and you’re able to get hold of it xx

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:10 pm

It’s such a beautiful palette xx

16. 28th November 2018 / 3:00 pm

Those two faced lipsticks are so pretty! I’m desperate to try some of them. Also love the look of the gingerbread palette, it’s so festive! xx

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:10 pm

Too Faced has such a great Christmas range this year. The lipstick set is super pretty, and the palette is stunning xx

17. 29th November 2018 / 1:04 am

You got some really nice products! I’ve actually never tried anything from Two Faced before, but those mini liquid lipsticks look beautiful. I haven’t bought that much makeup recently but I’m going to need to try some of Two Faced’s products.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:11 pm

Thank you! Too Faced is one of my favourite brands, they have so many fab products. The lipstick set is super cute. I hope you like them too xx

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:12 pm

It really would make a perfect gift, it’s beautiful xx

18. 29th November 2018 / 6:06 pm

I’ve got my eye on that too faced palette! It’s so pretty! xx

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:12 pm

I don’t blame you, it’s a good one!xx

19. 30th November 2018 / 2:54 pm

The Gingerbread Spice palette looks gorgeous! I love Too Faced palettes! x

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:13 pm

The shades are fab, and yes Too Faced palettes are fab xx

20. 30th November 2018 / 11:20 pm

The Too Faced packaging is excellent, and the eyeshadows look gorgeous!! I feel you on how small some of the Mario Badescu products are, so tiny!
    I’d be interested to read an in depth review of the foundation!! xx Naomi

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:16 pm

They get the packaging so right, it’s always so cute! Yes, the shades are fab too! It’s such a shame that they’re so tiny when the price is kind of up there. I’ll be sure to write something up soon!xx

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:14 pm

I’ve tried it a few times and love it!xx

• 2nd December 2018 / 6:14 pm

Glad you think so! No problem, thank you for stopping by xx

21. 4th December 2018 / 11:14 am

How gorgeous is the Too Faced Christmas collection, I want everything!! Xx

22. 4th December 2018 / 9:51 pm

I’m so in love with my Gingerbread Spice palette! I definitely want to try more from the Inkey List – I love their HA!

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

23. 8th December 2018 / 4:36 am

So obsessed with that Too Faced melted set and that Gingerbread palette. What lipstick was your fave from the set?

x,