How to Stay Organised with Blogging

Now I might not be the best person to take advice from when we’re talking about staying organised, because I am the complete opposite. However that could make me a great person to get advice from on the topic because if someone like me can do it then anybody can!
This is how I manage to stay on top of things, so I can keep to my schedule of posting twice a week! (Trying to upgrade to three, but I aren’t at that level of organisation yet)
Plan Posts in Advance
Does anybody get ideas for a blog post at random times? If this happens write it down! You do not want to be thinking of an idea that you think will be brilliant, but by the time you’ve found a computer the idea has vanished and is never to be seen again. I like to write the idea down in the notes section of my phone until I can put the idea into a draft ready to be written up. Doing this means, you won’t end up staring at a blank screen desperately trying to think of an idea.
Write Posts in Advance and Schedule
This is a massive help to me and I don’t know where I’d be without doing this. I feel more at ease when I know I have posts written and ready to go. This is great for times when you’re on holiday and can’t get to a computer because.. well you’re on holiday. I don’t like to have months worth of posts scheduled at a time, I go for a week or two depending on how badly I procrastinate. (Procrastination is a killer)
Tidy Space Tidy Mind
I am an extremely messy person. Sometimes I don’t know how I manage it, but I actually hate having a messy room. A few weeks ago I had a massive clear out and it felt amazing! Sometime I feel it’s nicer to work in a tidy environment, because you don’t have that feeling of having something else to do and being annoyed of the mess around you.
Take Photo’s in Bulk
 I do this for Instagram mainly, as I like to try and post daily on there, so it helps if I take an hour or so out of day to take a couple of photos so I don’t have to worry about being able to post. Plus if you have planned out your blog posts you might have an idea of what photos you want to go with it, so you can take the photos for the post on the same day.
Create a Reasonable Schedule
I post every Tuesday and Sunday and I’m aiming to add Thursday or Friday into the mix; I aren’t entirely sure yet. Creating a schedule is great, but creating a schedule that you can’t stick to is not. Be reasonable, yes pushing yourself is good, but there’s a limit.
Remember that it is okay to have a break every time you need one!
Do you have any tips or advice on how to stay organised?

1. 11th January 2017 / 8:38 pm

I seem to be good at making sure my posts are up, but I feel like I just muddle along with no real routine, but I will be better, I need to be for going back to college! Thank you for the tips!

Erin || MakeErinOver

2. 11th January 2017 / 9:31 pm

Some great tips! I've learnt these while blogging and they're so helpful in real life too. I have to admit though, I'm still working on the 'tidy space, tidy mind.' It's something I've struggled with for a long time but I'm getting there slowly. Xx

Tania | When Tania Talks

3. 11th January 2017 / 9:53 pm

These are really useful tips! I'm going to take note of these to refer back to them 😀 thanks for sharing! 🙂

VioletDaffodils
    xx

4. Мили / Milly
    11th January 2017 / 10:00 pm

That was a really useful post, Hannah! I need to get better at scheduling content!

5. 11th January 2017 / 10:29 pm

No problem! You definitely will get better, just got to stick to it, with that positive mind set!xx

6. 11th January 2017 / 10:31 pm

Thank you! That's true, they can be applied to both! I'm definitely with you on that one! You'll definitely get there!xx

7. 11th January 2017 / 10:32 pm

Thank you so much, I'm happy you you think so! You'll get there!xx

8. 12th January 2017 / 7:09 am

I love this!!! So helpful I love doing batch work it's the easiest for me especially on the weekends!! Thank you Hannah!!

Jasmine 🙂
    colorubold.com

9. 12th January 2017 / 3:42 pm

Lovely post. I definitely need to be more organised when it comes to my blog!

Hannah | alongsidehannah.blogspot.co.uk

10. 12th January 2017 / 6:49 pm

I've always been a person who cannot work in a messy space so I loved that you included the 'Tidy space tidy mind' tip.I tend to come up with random blogpost ideas(usually in the shower or something)and forget to write it down which is such a pain haha xx

11. 14th January 2017 / 9:39 am

Thank you! It definitely makes everything a lot easier!xx

12. 14th January 2017 / 9:41 am

Thank you! You'll definitely get better at it! x

13. 14th January 2017 / 9:42 am

It's so much better to work in a tidy space! That's true, it's so annoying isn't it? x

14. 15th January 2017 / 12:40 pm

Writing posts in advance is my favourite thing to do because it means on those busy days or even weeks where I don't have a chance to write anything, I've still got content going up! x

Kate// itskaterose.blogspot.com

15. 15th January 2017 / 12:59 pm

It makes things so much easier doesn't it? x

16. 16th January 2017 / 10:48 pm

I do all of the above, especially taking the photos in bulk, so needed for this time of year with the lighting being so dark all the time! I also love saving posts to my drafts on instagram! 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

17. 18th January 2017 / 10:27 am

That's so good! It's a pain isn't it?! I've just started using that, it seems like such a good feature! x

18. 10th February 2017 / 2:38 pm

Thank you! it really helps doesn't it?! That's such a good point, it really saves time for other things. Thank you for reading xx

19. 21st March 2017 / 9:52 am

It was so interesting to read this, because I am doing just like you do 🙂 I might struggle with regular posts every week in the same day, but once I find time for that, I do exactly such steps as you 🙂 The most important thing here is to do that only, because we really, really want it 🙂 So that it doesn’t come out as “ah…I have to post smth today…ok, let’s do it ..”.
    From your posts it visible, that it’s not your case. You do it, cause you really enjoy it and that’s visible for us, readers 🙂 Keep up with your good work 😉 All the best!

• 21st March 2017 / 6:26 pm

I really love your blog too! It’s okay to miss posting, I think we all do haha! Exactly, posts are so much better when you actually want to write it! Thank you for this comment it has made my absolute day! You too!xx