September Favourites!

I am determined for this post not to be as late as my August favourites were, so I’m making sure I’m ready this time. September seems to have dragged, but not in a bad way; if that makes sense. So much is being planned and after a not so good six months, I finally feel like everything is getting back on track.

Enough about that though, let’s get into the September favourites.

L’Oréal Lash Paradise Mascara

I am very late to the party with this, but I usually am with mascaras, as there’s something about applying mascara that I don’t like. I want my mascara to need minimal layers and leave my lashes full, which is a lot for my extremely short and straight lashes. In all honesty when I first used this mascara I wasn’t impressed, but after a few uses I have really grown to love it. It doesn’t clump and lengthens the lashes without clumping. I apply two coats of this and I’m good to go, it doesn’t smudge during the day either which is always a bonus.

Soph x Revolution Highlighting Palette

For those that don’t know, the YouTuber SophDoesNails has released an eyeshadow palette and a highlighter palette with Makeup Revolution. I love Makeup Revolution highlighters and this palette is no exception. She has gone for a mixture of shades to suit a number of skin tones which is really great, as you get a real variety. I love gold highlighter, so I have been loving using the gold on the top row which is the third from the left. These highlighters are really pigmented, but it all depends on how much you apply, as you can easily get a subtle look, but they build easily.

Candles

I love burning candles at anytime of the year, but this month has been a little candle crazy. I have finally burnt candles that I have been hoarding for a while and have managed to get through some. I know that B&M are stocking some Essence candles that are supposed to be dupes for the Bath and Body Works ones, but I went to smell them and they were not for me at all, so I gave those ones a miss. One of my favourite candles is the Vanilla one from Ikea, as it is so affordable, you can actually smell it in the room when it’s burning and it has a good burning time.

Good Things Manuka Honey Daily Moisturiser

I saw somebody talk about this on their blog, and I can’t remember who it was, so I’m really sorry about that. Basically I have really dry skin and with what I was using before my skin wasn’t getting any better, but I thought: ‘maybe if I keep using it, it will get better’, but it didn’t. Which is where this comes in, I wasn’t planning on getting it, but when I was in Boots and saw it, it somehow ended up in basket (Funny how that happens) The moisturiser its self has made a drastic improvement in my skin in such a short amount of time. You only need a tiny amount of product too, so this is sure to last a long time. It’s suitable for vegetarians and is free from: parabens, mineral oils and sodium laureth sulphate. It only costs £7.99 for a 100ml tube.

Too Faced Hangover Setting Spray

I have really started using this, this month, mainly because I wanted to use up my Urban Decay All Nighter first which is just about empty. This setting spray is a 3 in 1 which means you can spray it all over as a primer, use it set makeup and then use it to refresh your face during the day. I don’t use it as a primer, as I prefer the actual hangover primer. This is brilliant for the other two though. I do find myself spraying too much which sometimes leaves my face feeling a little wet, but it soon drieswith no white marks.

The Body Shop Vanilla Pumpkin Shower Gel

I normally aren’t the biggest fan of pumpkin smelling things, but the vanilla in this really smells amazing. Now we all know that scents aren’t the easiest to describe, but it’s sweet yet spicy which probably isn’t helpful in the slightest, but hey I tried. It lathers really nicely, and I now really want to get my hands on the body butter and the shimmer mist. It’s also made me really excited to see what they release for Christmas!

Well I think this makes up for August’s sorry excuse for a favourites!

What have you loved throughout September?

1. Emma Drury
    4th October 2017 / 8:25 pm

I really want to try the Soph palettes and I love the smell of the Vanilla Pumpkin Body Shop range! 😍
    Emma | emmadrury.com

• 4th October 2017 / 8:27 pm

They’re so good, but this highlighting palette is unreal! It smells so good!xx

2. 4th October 2017 / 9:21 pm

Loreal Lash paradise is my go to for the moment! I think I’m on my third tube. The Soph palette looks so amazing I want to pick one up but there aren’t any places that sell Makeup Revolution by me unfortunately. Lovely post! xx Brynn

• 5th October 2017 / 11:47 am

It’s such a great mascara, woah you’ve gone through so many! Ah oh no! Does the TAM beauty site ship to where you are?xx

3. 4th October 2017 / 10:47 pm

I really want to find myself some good drugstore highlighters at the moment, and just highlighters in general now my cheeks have started to clear up. I love makeup revolution so I’m definitely gonna have to pop into superdrug to give that palette a swatch! x

– rachelemmablog.blogspot.co.uk

• 5th October 2017 / 11:48 am

It is such an amazing palette, and would be a great place to start, considering it has so many different colours xx

4. Emma
    5th October 2017 / 9:56 am

That moisturiser looks and sounds brilliant – I’ll have to hunt it down! September did seem to be a longer month than most recently, it was nice though to ease me back into normality after our wedding this summer! x

• 5th October 2017 / 11:49 am

It’s a really great one, and so affordable too! It really did, but that is so true! Congratulations on the wedding xx

5. 5th October 2017 / 10:01 am

I got the Soph highlighting palette the day it was released but still haven’t used it yet! The shades look beautiful though. x

Jordan Alice

• 5th October 2017 / 11:50 am

Ah, how have you managed to not use it?! It is such a great palette xx

6. 5th October 2017 / 10:15 am

Ooh that moisturiser sounds fab! Also I neeeed to get my hands on the body shop pumpkin spice line 😍

• 5th October 2017 / 11:51 am

It’s a really great one! It smells incredible xx

7. 5th October 2017 / 12:28 pm

That cherry blossom candle sounds amazing!

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOTs

• 5th October 2017 / 2:16 pm

I think it was from Spring, and it smells amazing xx

8. 5th October 2017 / 3:03 pm

Vanilla Pumpkin Shower Gel…Yes, Please! The L’Oreal Mascara has grown on my as well. I like how it separates my lashes.

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

• 5th October 2017 / 3:30 pm

It smells amazing! It’s such a great mascara, especially when it dries down a little xx

• 5th October 2017 / 4:45 pm

It is such a gorgeous scent! I hope you manage to try it xx

9. 5th October 2017 / 6:52 pm

Soph’s palettes look absolutely stunning and I’m so proud of her! I really want to try them. And I NEED to go into the Body Shop to try the new scent xx Nikita

BLOG//Jasmine Loves

• 5th October 2017 / 8:20 pm

They’re both really beautiful, and me too, she has done such a good job! You really do it smells so good!xx

10. Heather Nixon
    5th October 2017 / 7:12 pm

I really want to try that setting spray x

11. 5th October 2017 / 7:29 pm

The Manuka honey moisturiser sounds great. Also, interesting about the hangover setting spray, never tried that one. Thanks for sharing. <3 /Madison x
    FASHION TALES

• 5th October 2017 / 8:21 pm

It is a really great moisturiser and so affordable too! It’s a nice one to try xx

12. 5th October 2017 / 7:56 pm

The Cherry Blossom yankee candle looks divine! I don’t think I’ve ever come across it before in store otherwise I would have snatched it up – i didn’t even know it existed haha xx

Great post hun 🙂

Lots of love,
    Ana
    @anasofiachic

• 5th October 2017 / 8:22 pm

I think it was released for Spring, and I’m pretty sure it’s still on the website, if you’d like to look more into it, as it smells amazing xx

13. 5th October 2017 / 8:40 pm

so many amazing products, I really want to try Soph’s highlighting palette, it looks incredible! xx

• 5th October 2017 / 9:09 pm

It is such an amazing palette, all of the shades are so pigmented xx

14. 5th October 2017 / 9:45 pm

I’ve heard so many good things about the L’oreal mascara but I’m too loyal to my Lash Sensational to try any others at the minute! I also popped into B&M and really didn’t like the essence candle scents which is such a shame as they look so pretty and expensive don’t they!? I wish they did a more spicy one! And I’m also in love with the Vanilla Pumpkin from The Body Shop, the shower gel is soo creamy and lush!
    Alice Xx

• 6th October 2017 / 10:44 am

The Lash Sensational mascara is a good one, but this one is creeping up there too haha! So glad it isn’t just me that doesn’t like them, a spicy one would have been a lot better, and the packaging on them is beautiful! It’s such a gorgeous scent and the shower gel is fab xx

15. Courtney Gardiner
    5th October 2017 / 10:20 pm

I adore the soph palette and hangover spray, like you I also prefer the actual primer for my base. I use the spray as more of a Mac fix+ replacement, and as a step in my skincare routine!

Courtney xo | Lashes and Luxe

• 6th October 2017 / 10:45 am

Soph definitely got the palette spot on! Yeah, it doesn’t seem like a stable enough primer, but it’s perfect for a Mac fix+ replacement, and that’s a great way of using it xx

16. 5th October 2017 / 11:16 pm

I’ve heard good things about Ikea candles and will have to check them out the next time I’m there – they really do have some great items for around the house for great prices! The The Body Shop Vanilla Pumpkin range sounds amazing – I usually don’t like pumpkin scents either but I love vanilla so hopefully they balance out!

Jenny | Geeky Posh

• 6th October 2017 / 10:50 am

I had a blue one from there before and wasn’t keen, but the vanilla ones are fab! They really do, and everything is so affordable. It is a really great range and the scents seem to really balance each other out which is great xx

17. 6th October 2017 / 5:15 am

A big yes to the vanilla scented candle! i’m always picking one up when I’m in Ikea, haha !I love vanilla scent. Actually most of my candles are food based scents, it’s my usual go-to for a scented candle! 🙂

The pumpkin and vanilla wash sounds interesting – will have to have a sniff next time I’m passing the Body shop, haha!

Hope you are having a lovely week.

Away From The Blue Blog

• 6th October 2017 / 10:52 am

They smells so good! Got to love a food based candle haha! It’s definitely worth having a smell if you can, as they smell amazing xx

18. Shiana
    6th October 2017 / 10:42 am

Really good bunch of faves here! I have never heard of that moisturiser brand before so will check out the next time I am in boots! 🙂

Shiana xx | shianajarvis.com

• 6th October 2017 / 10:52 am

Thank you! It is a really great moisturiser and it’s so affordable too xx

19. 6th October 2017 / 4:00 pm

Some great products here! I love Yankee candles! I’m getting excited to pick up all the Christmas candles I can possibly find! xx

• 7th October 2017 / 11:44 am

Thank you! I cannot wait to get the Christmas ones, they’re always great xx

20. 6th October 2017 / 5:53 pm

I’m really keen to try the Too Faced Hangover Primer and the 3 in 1 Setting Spray you’ve mentioned. I love the look of the Revolution Highlighting Palette as well xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

• 7th October 2017 / 11:47 am

The hangover range is a great one, especially if you have dry skin. It is a really stunning palette xx

21. 6th October 2017 / 7:39 pm

I am loving your September favourites hun! The vanilla scented candle sounds amazing, I love candles so much! I’ve just gotten the pumpkin vanilla shower gel from the body shop and I cannot wait to get using it, it smells heavenly for sure.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

• 7th October 2017 / 11:48 am

Thank you! It’s definitely the best Ikea candle for sure. It is such a great range, and I’m glad you like the scent too xx

22. 6th October 2017 / 7:52 pm

Loved reading about your favourites. That cherry blossom candle sounds incredible! 🙂 xx

• 7th October 2017 / 11:49 am

Thank you! I think it was released for Spring, and it smells amazing!xx

23. 6th October 2017 / 11:30 pm

I’m loving the look of everything in this post! Especially the highlighter palette vanilla pumpkin shower gel! I didn’t think I would really like the pumpkin scents either but I recently got a Pumpkin Spice candle from TK Maxx and I’m obsessed with it so now I want everything smelling the same but I can’t find anything! It’s so annoying I won’t even burn the candle coz I can’t find a back up one!

Ellie x

• 7th October 2017 / 11:50 am

The highlighter palette is so good, as there are so many stunning colours! The candles from TK Maxx seem so good! That is the worst, hopefully you manage to find another xx

24. 7th October 2017 / 11:55 am

The L’Oreal mascara really is incredible! I’d love to try a few bits from the Vanilla Pumpkin range from TBS, it just sounds like it would smell amazing!

Sara – Flemingo

• 7th October 2017 / 1:36 pm

It really is! It’s such a fab range, the scent is great xx

25. 7th October 2017 / 12:13 pm

Anything Yankee Candle is a yes from me! I definitely have to try this one, the colour is so pretty and I bet the scent is every better! Lovely post babe x

Anika | anikamay.co.uk

• 7th October 2017 / 1:37 pm

Yankee have really great candles! Cherry Blossom is a great candle. Thank you lovely xx

26. 7th October 2017 / 12:24 pm

I love the hangover primer so I’m dying to try the spray! xx

27. 7th October 2017 / 9:03 pm

I haven’t heard of the palette before but it looks so gorgeous. The colours are reallt pretty! I just bought the NYX dewy setting spray and really like it so far. I’ve not tried any others including the one you have.

Lovely post!

Samantha x

• 8th October 2017 / 5:08 pm

Soph did such a good job with them, as they’re really gorgeous! The NYX one seems really great xx

28. 7th October 2017 / 11:45 pm

I really want to try this range from The Body Shop as I’ve seen quite a few people talking about it, and I also want to try this Too Faced setting spray! Loved this post and you’ve persuaded me even more! <3

Taylor Jane ox | http://www.taylorjane.co.uk

• 8th October 2017 / 5:09 pm

It’s such a great post, and it smells amazing! The Too Faced setting spray is great too. Thank you!xx

29. 7th October 2017 / 11:49 pm

The hangover primer mist sounds so intriguing! I’m so ready for it to be Fall aka candle burning season. I’ve had candles basically burning 24/7 while I’m home. I like to buy some cheap unscented candles from Ikea so I can have more lit for ambiance while I have a higher end one burning and giving a light scent to my apartment!

Cindy | http://www.cindyhyue.com

• 8th October 2017 / 5:10 pm

It’s a great setting spray! Same here, I really need to get some fall candles! That’s a great idea, but I must admit I love a scented candle!xx

30. 8th October 2017 / 5:52 am

That highlighting palette looks awesome. So does the Vanilla Pumpkin shower gel. It sounds like it smells yummy, and I like The Body Shop.

• 8th October 2017 / 5:11 pm

It’s such a beautiful palette! It’s a great scent and so perfect for this time of year xx

31. Emily
    8th October 2017 / 12:35 pm

This is a brilliant monthly favourites! Candles are definitely big for me this month too – especially now it’s colder and darker, they really add to the cosy atmosphere!

Musings & More

• 8th October 2017 / 5:12 pm

Thank you! Got to love a good candle at this time of year, I am determined to some more autumn ones xx

32. 8th October 2017 / 8:15 pm

The only thing I’ve tried from here is the mascar which didn’t work out for me since it actually weighed down my lashes instead. I’ve forgotten to do my favourites this month. Woops

• 9th October 2017 / 5:40 pm

Ah oh no, I guess not everything is going to work for everyone! There’s still time for sure!xx

33. Robyn
    9th October 2017 / 5:12 pm

I’m enjoying a lot of the same things ! I really want to try tht highlight palette though – the purple shades just attract me !

• 9th October 2017 / 5:41 pm

So glad about that! It is such a beautiful palette and the purple shade is so pretty. If you like pigmented highlighter, then you’ll like it xx

34. 9th October 2017 / 9:02 pm

A lot of these products have been on my wishlist and I think you’re about to be the reason why my bank account hates me <3

Lots of love,
    Agnese | http://www.agnesehadebe.com

• 10th October 2017 / 11:17 am

haha sorry about that girl! At least you’ll have some pretty products!xx

35. 9th October 2017 / 9:08 pm

Oh, the Vanilla Pumpkin! That scent is just so amazing. I might go and buy some IKEA candles if they spread the scent that well! I hate it when I buy scented candles and I can’t actually smell it when I’m burning it.

Heidi ✨ | Heidi’s Planner | Instagram

• 10th October 2017 / 11:18 am

The Vanilla Pumpkin range is amazing, it smells so good! I love the Vanilla Ikea candles, as I had a blue one from there that didn’t spread the scent, but the vanilla one is fab!xx

36. 10th October 2017 / 8:40 pm

I’ve heard great things about the Too Faced mist 🙂 obsessed with the L’Oreal mascara at the moment too!

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

• 11th October 2017 / 3:23 pm

It’s a really great one for sure! L’Oreal do really good mascaras xx

37. 11th October 2017 / 4:35 pm

These look like lovely favorites and that palette looks so pretty. I really want to try the too faced spray and it’s on my to buy list for next month.

• 11th October 2017 / 5:21 pm

Thank you! It is a really great palette! I hope you love it too, if you get around to getting it xx

38. 12th October 2017 / 1:20 am

Oh my goodness, that highlighter is so stunning! I didn’t realise they had released a whole palette.

• 15th October 2017 / 3:26 pm

It is a really beautiful palette!xx