Blogmas Day 21: Jouer Best of Nudes Lip Créme Collection

I saw this pop up in quite a few people’s posts, and I knew I had to look into it. I wasn’t exactly sure whether to get it or not; mainly because I’ve never tried Jouer, and spending £30 on a group of liquid lipsticks that I may not like seemed pointless. I thought about it for a while (probably five minutes), and decided that getting 8 minis is a great way to try the brand and a range of colours.

I can’t find the set on sale anymore, but you can still buy the colours separately for £15 each. It feels a little pointless talking about the packaging, but it is really beautiful. In this set there are eight liquid lipsticks: six mattes and two metallics.

I haven’t fully tested every shade yet, but love the ones I’ve tried. These lip cremes are pigmented and long wearing, but also comfortable to wear. I wore the shade Naked on a shopping trip and it lasted the whole time and through eating and drinking without budging. They apply smoothly and evenly, but they don’t dry down straight away, so it gives you some time to perfect the finish.

I find it’s always best to exfoliate and moisturise before using these, as they can leave your lips feeling a little dry. These lipsticks are also have a habit of settling into lines, but it isn’t too bad.

These lipsticks are also scented, so if you’re sensitive to scents then that is worth noting. They have a sickly sweet scent, that does linger.

I’ve linked the name of the lipstick to the Cult Beauty page, if you’re interested in a specific shade, and swatches are at the end of the post.

Tawny Rose

This is one of my favourites from this collection, and its originally from the Fall collection. It’s a classic dusty mauve, and it has a matte finish.

Naked

This is a new shade for this collection, and I can’t find it anywhere else. I originally thought this was going to be too light for me, but it’s a really pretty cool peachy pink.

Bare

This is one of the lightest shades in the collection, as it’s a warm nude fawn. It dries down to a matte finish.

Terra

This is another one from the Fall collection, and it’s a really gorgeous shade. It’s described as a neutral deep ochre. It dries down matte, and is a great everyday shade.

Dulce De Leche

This is the pinker shade from the range, so if you like your pink nudes this may be the one for you. It’s described a cool nude and dries down matte.

Papaye

This is the first metallic in this collection, and is described as a warm peach. This looks like it’ll be perfect in Summer, especially on holiday.

Rayanne

This is originally from the Anniversary collection, and it’s one of the darker shades. Rayanne is described as a cool grey nude. Which seems very on trend if you like the whole 90’s thing.

Rosé

This is the last lipstick, and it’s a metallic. Rosé is described as a cool champagne mauve, and I think it’ll be perfect for Christmas.

Top to Bottom: Tawny Rose, Naked, Bare, Terra, Dulce De Leche, Papaye, Rayanne and Rosé

That is all of the colours you get in this collection! Even if you can’t get the set anymore, I’d still say the full sizes are worth it. I even included these in my December Favourites.

Have you tried Jouer before?

*This post contains affiliate links

20 responses to “Blogmas Day 21: Jouer Best of Nudes Lip Créme Collection”

1. Amber Atlanta says:

Aren’t these gorgeous! There is literally a nude for everyone in here. And £30 for the whole set when they are £15 each?! Amazing value.
    Amber | http://www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

2. Agnese says:

I’ve never tried this brand before, but all the shades look so stunning, especially Dulce de Leche and Papaye <3 I might give them a go in the new year.

Lots of love,
    Agnese | http://www.agnesehadebe.com

3. Katie says:

Rose is really pretty, like a rose gold! 🙂 Sounds like a great value!

4. Brynn says:

I tried out the Jouer set from last year with the nude shades and I loved it as well. I love the shade noisette as well as dulce de leche. the formula is just so good! xx

5. It’s a great way to try new shades to see which ones you like. I’m glad you swatched them, they look more lovely than in the container package. Gotta love Cult Beauty! Happy Holidays dear. Thanks for your comments and visits this year.
    FASHION TALES

6. MANSI says:

Never tried the brand but after seeing your post I might give it a try…btw…gorgeous shades all of them… 😊

7. Nikita says:

I haven’t tried anything from Jouer before but all these shades are stunning and so wearable! It’s a great price for all of these and the mini versions are always cute to have xx Nikita

BLOG//Jasmine Loves

8. I have seen so many people rave about these lately but never paid much attention but those swatches look amazing, I need to give these a go for myself!

9. Chanel says:

These nudes look great! I’d love to buy this set for one of my girlfriends, she’s always wanting to find the perfect nude lip.

x,