How to Bake Triple Chocolate Cookies!

Another month, another baking post, and this time we’re making the triple chocolate cookies from Tanya Burr’s cook book! These things are every where, and for good reason; they are delicious! I’m pretty sure she first made these on YouTube, and everyone went mad for them, so she put the recipe in her book. If cookies aren’t your thing, then I’ve also got a post on Flapjacks.

These are amazing, and turned out perfectly. When she says you get very large cookies she was not kidding, these things are huge! I’m pretty sure you could use smaller amounts of the mix to make smaller cookies, but I didn’t want to mess about with having four baking trays on the go at once; when it’s much easier to keep the cookies big and use the two trays.

Ingredients:

200g Unsalted Butter

300g Caster Sugar

1 Large Egg

275g Self Raising Flour

75g Cocoa Powder

100g of Milk, Dark and White Chocolate

A Dash of Milk (Optional)

(The recipe does contain Daim bars, but I didn’t include them)

Method:

1. Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius/ 400 Fahrenheit / Gas Mark 6. Line your baking trays with grease proof paper, (I didn’t do this, but I would definitely recommend  you do)

2. Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and then crack in the egg and continue mixing until smooth

3. Add the flour and cocoa powder and continue mixing. If the mixture is too dry you can add the splash of milk, but I didn’t need it, as my mix was a little too wet already.

4. Break up the chocolate and add it to the mixture. You can make these whatever size you want, but I left them big, as the cookies will be big too.

5. Divide the dough into equal sized balls, and then gently squash them onto the tray. I couldn’t flatten them too much, as the mixture stuck to my hands instead of staying on the tray. Remember the cookies will grow in the oven, so don’t make them too big and be sure to leave plenty of space between them.

6. Bake for 11 minutes

7. It says transfer to a wire rack to cool, but I tried this, and the cookies I removed broke, so I let them cool on the tray for a few hours and then transferred them to an air tight container.

That is how you make triple chocolate cookies!

Would you give this recipe a try?

Blog Signature

56 responses to “How to Bake Triple Chocolate Cookies!”

1. candice says:

Thanks so much for sharing this receipe it looks really good

Beauty Candy Loves

2. These look so yummy! Thanks for posting.

3. I love this recipe – they are the best cookies EVER!!!! Lovely post – and they look so goodX
    Sarah X

4. Velvet Blush says:

My cookies never come out looking like that, they tend to be more on the burnt scale haha! I would definitely give this recipe a try x

Velvet Blush

5. Sophie says:

These look amazinggggg, I’m currently drooling in work… x

6. Oh my god these look incredible!!! Thanks for sharing these delicious creations xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

7. Yiota says:

I don’t need to say that I saved this post on my desktop, I am making these cookies soon!! The recipe looks easy and my fiance will be over the moon if I bake him these, he loves chocolates cookies more than me!! x

Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

8. Liv says:

These look so yoummy! I have tanya’s book too but haven’t tried this recipe yet xx
    liv
    livwrites.co.uk

9. Alyssa says:

You got me on triple chocolate! This sound so yummy, I will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing 🙂

xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

10. Elizabeth says:

These cookies look amazing!!!

Elizabeth

11. Sam says:

I’m normally not a sweet tooth but these look amazing! x Sam

12. laura anne says:

Ahh this post has made me hungry and want to bake them! x

LAURA ­| Laura Thinks About

13. O my god, these cookies look so scrumptious! I do have Tanya’s book lying around, so I think I might have to give this recipe a go in the very near future…

xoxo
    Freya
    thatgirlyt.wordpress.com

14. Kayla Loves says:

These look great!!

15. Angelie says:

The cookies look amazing! I am definitely trying this out as soon as I get an oven! 🙂

Angelie // Gem in Nueva Ecija: Minalungao National Park

16. Kay says:

What a lovely recipe! I am typically useless at baking but these seem incredibly easy to prepare. Thank you for sharing! 🙂 <3

Kay

17. Amy says:

These look absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing, it’s inspired me to do some baking
    Amy xx

A Habit Of Solitude

18. Tiffany says:

These look absolutely delicious! I love making cookies but definitely don’t do it enough, thanks so much for sharing the recipe! 🙂

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

19. Rhianne says:

OMG THESE LOOK INCREDIBLE!!! I am going to have to try make these they lok so yummy! Great pictures too x

20. Jay Xo says:

Omg, these look incredible!! I’m definitely going to make these with my son during the holidays!!

Jay Xo

21. Marina Rosie says:

Honestly Hannah, these have been bookmarked – they look absolutely amazing! xx I love a good chocolate cookie, but as soon as you added the word ‘triple’, I was sold! xx
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx

22. Alice says:

These look incredible and have made me so hungry for chocolate at midnight haha, definitely going to give these a try as I’m a sucker for chocolate cookies but I LOVE Daim bar so I might have to pop that in too if it’s in the recipe 🙂
    Alice Xx

23. Annabelle says:

Oh my god these look heavenly! They look exactly like what cookies always look like on the packaging which always disappoint… But these definitely won’t, bet they’re delicious!

x Annabelle
    travelsandtea.com

24. Thania says:

Those look incredible!!

25. Holy crap, I need to come back to this recipe and make these asap because I am massively craving cookies right now.

Julia // The Sunday Mode

26. Umm these cookies look amazing and so soft! I need to make these ASAP!

-GG

27. Who doesn’t love chocolate cookies, Hannah?! Such a finger-licking treat!