Another month, another baking post, and this time we’re making the triple chocolate cookies from Tanya Burr’s cook book! These things are every where, and for good reason; they are delicious! I’m pretty sure she first made these on YouTube, and everyone went mad for them, so she put the recipe in her book. If cookies aren’t your thing, then I’ve also got a post on Flapjacks.
These are amazing, and turned out perfectly. When she says you get very large cookies she was not kidding, these things are huge! I’m pretty sure you could use smaller amounts of the mix to make smaller cookies, but I didn’t want to mess about with having four baking trays on the go at once; when it’s much easier to keep the cookies big and use the two trays.
This is How to Bake Triple Chocolate Cookies!
200g Unsalted Butter
300g Caster Sugar
1 Large Egg
275g Self Raising Flour
75g Cocoa Powder
100g of Milk, Dark and White Chocolate
A Dash of Milk (Optional)
(The recipe does contain Daim bars, but I didn’t include them)
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius/ 400 Fahrenheit / Gas Mark 6. Line your baking trays with grease proof paper, (I didn’t do this, but I would definitely recommend you do)
2. Mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, and then crack in the egg and continue mixing until smooth
3. Add the flour and cocoa powder and continue mixing. If the mixture is too dry you can add the splash of milk, but I didn’t need it, as my mix was a little too wet already.
4. Break up the chocolate and add it to the mixture. You can make these whatever size you want, but I left them big, as the cookies will be big too.
5. Divide the dough into equal sized balls, and then gently squash them onto the tray. I couldn’t flatten them too much, as the mixture stuck to my hands instead of staying on the tray. Remember the cookies will grow in the oven, so don’t make them too big and be sure to leave plenty of space between them.
6. Bake for 11 minutes
7. It says transfer to a wire rack to cool, but I tried this, and the cookies I removed broke, so I let them cool on the tray for a few hours and then transferred them to an air tight container.
That was How to Bake Triple Chocolate Cookies!
Would you give this recipe a try?
Thank you for reading!