Guess who suddenly realised they haven’t done their monthly baking?! That’s right, this girl! So today I got up early in order to get this done and put up in time, which is only just on time, but hey it’s here. We’re keeping things simple, but everyone loves a good muffin right? I probably shouldn’t have used cupcake cases, but as you can tell the time to prepare was cut short. I got this recipe from the BBC Good Food Website.
I know these are supposed to be muffins, but I don’t have a muffin tray, so they’re technically cupcakes. They still taste amazing, but instead of ending up with 20, I’ve ended up with 24 that could have been more if I didn’t overload the last few. If you’d like an actual cupcake recipe, then I have these Raspberry Cupcakes.
2 Medium Eggs
125ml Vegetable Oil
250ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
200g Golden Caster Sugar
400g Self Raising Flour
100g Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Then prepare you trays with the cases.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs lightly for one minute.
- Add the oil and milk and beat until just combined.
- Add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix until just smooth. Be careful to not over mix, as it will make the muffins tough.
- Stir in the chocolate. (I also added an extra 25g of dark chocolate chips)
- As I made cupcakes instead of the muffins they took around 13 minutes to cook, but the recipe suggests to leave them in for 20.
- In order to make sure they’re cooked, stick a knife in the middle and if it comes out clean they’re done.
- Once cooked leave on a wire rack to cool.
That’s it! They are super simple to make and they taste amazing too! I couldn’t be happier with them!
Will you be giving these a go?
Thank you for reading!