My Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Collection

I don’t know why it took me so long to buy from Makeup Geek, but here I am; finally joining in on the hype. On my first order, I only got a couple, but I soon purchased more. They’re so affordable, but work so well.
I store these in my Z palette which I also bought specifically for these shadows. In the end I went for the large White one from the Sunset Collection. There’s no mirror, but I actually like that you can see the shadows through the top, as it’s something a little different.
I got both the palette and the shadows from Beauty Bay. The Z palettes are £17.50 and the shadows are £6 each and £9.25 for the foiled formula.
I’ve really fallen in love with these shadows, and I included them in my February Favourites.
Enough about that, let’s get into the actual products!

Shimma Shimma

I love a champagne shade, so there is no shock that this was one of the first ones that I got. This is described on the Makeup Geek website as a Metallic Champagne, and it is absolutely gorgeous! This goes on really easily and is beautiful for an inner corner highlight, brow bone highlight or general use on the lid, so just about anything really!

Cocoa Bear

I’d heard everyone talk about this, so I just had to try it for myself. Cocoa Bear is a warm brown with a matte finish that also has a red undertone. Makeup Geek describe this as a matte reddish-brown. I find this to be incredibly pigmented, so you don’t need to use a lot. I’ve also heard that this is a dupe for Swiss Chocolate by MAC, but as I haven’t tried that one, who knows.

Cupcake

I’m trying to be a little adventurous with eye shadow this year, and I love pink, so naturally Cupcake found its way into my basket. I am yet to try this, but I think it will be pretty in the crease as a transition maybe? From what I swatched, this seems to be really creamy and pigmented. Makeup Geek describes this shade as a matte medium pink.

Chickadee

Again I’m trying to be a little adventurous with shades, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Sophdoesnails with this, so I decided to give it a go. This is described as a tangerine orange with yellow undertones and a matte finish. This might be another transition shade or it would look pretty under the bottom lash line.

Tan Lines

This shade is described as a fawn brown with a matte finish. It is such a stunning warm, mid tone tan shade that is a gorgeous shade for the crease which is quite subtle, it also looks a little orange. I did find that this shade doesn’t swatch very nicely, but it applies a lot better.

Anarchy

Anarchy is described as a medium Marsala with a shimmery finish. I personally love a shimmery finish and think this colour definitely fits well with the red shadow trend that’s around at the moment. It also has copper undertones, that really compliment the red.

Grandstand

This is the only one that I got from the foiled formula, mainly because I’ve heard so many good things about this one and the colour looks stunning! This one is described as a medium rose gold with slight taupe undertones. I love the formula, as it swatches and applies beautifully.

Swatches

Left to Right: Cupcake, Chickadee and Cocoa Bear

Left to Right: Shimma Shimma, Anarchy, Grandstand and Tan Lines

I don’t have the biggest collection, but I love each shade that I own and think the quality is incredible, especially for the price!
Have you tried Makeup Geek?
Blog Signature

28 responses to “My Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Collection”

1. lovely palette and shades! so chic!

Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. would you like to follow each other?

2. Ellie Dillon says:

I only recently picked up some Makeup Geek shadows and a Z palette for them too! They're so good aren't they! I'm loving the look of Grandstand, I have such a long list of shadows on my Wishlist now I have a Z palette

Ellie x

3. Danielle Beautyblog says:

I love MUG eyeshadows! So pigmented and long lasting!

Danielle's Beauty Blog

4. Katie Mills says:

I love Grandstand, Shimma Shimma and Cocoa Bear! Cupcake looks so pretty I'll have to check it out x

Beauty From Katie

5. Hannah Morris says:

6. Hannah Morris says:

They really are! What ones do you have?xx

7. Hannah Morris says:

They're so nice aren't they?! x

8. Hannah Morris says:

They're such pretty colours x

9. Marina Rosie says:

Cocoa bear is supposed to be like their best selling shade so I'm gonna have to pick it up at some point! And the others of course, shimma shimma is definitely my type of shade! xx Great post!
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie x

10. Hannah Morris says:

That's not surprising, it is a really pretty colour! Shimma Shimma really is gorgeous! Thank you xx

11. Yiotou_La says:

Wow these are so pretty, I love the shimmery ones especially Shimma Shimma, it is gorgeous!! x

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

12. The problem that I have with MUG shadows is there is too much choice and now i've added even more colours to my wishlist because of you – Haha! xx

Lily | http://www.pintsizedbeauty.com

13. Wonderful shades! Lovely photos ❀

Do you wanna follow each other via GFC, Bloglovin or Instagram? Lemme know ♥
    * Blog de la Licorne *

14. Hannah Morris says:

They're so pretty aren't they?! Shimma Shimma is such a beautiful colour xx

15. Hannah Morris says:

That's true! There are so many! Haha sorry! x

16. Hannah Morris says:

17. The Makeup Aficionado says:

I am absolutely obsessed with my makeup geek eye shadows. I own over 60 shades and i definitely plan to get more! In general i am obsessed with custom eye shadow palettes. I even noticed coastal scents has custom eye shadows so i plan on making a massive order haha.

18. Emily Newstead says:

I've been wanting to try some of the MUG shadows for a while now. You've chosen some gorgeous shades!

Emily xo

19. Leanne Page says:

Granstand is one of my favourite shades! I love the look of tan lines. I've added it to my list xx

LPage Beauty

20. Hannah Morris says:

They're so good aren't they?! No way, that's so many! Custom palettes are so good aren't they?! I don't blame you haha! x

21. Hannah Morris says:

They are lovely! Thank you xx

22. Hannah Morris says:

It's so pretty! Never hear anyone talk about Tan Lines, but it is such a gorgeous colour xx

23. Sarah says:

Your blog is super cute and I love all the posts! I really like makeup geek eyeshadows! Thanks for including some swathes xoxo

S <3 // https://sarahbaileybeauty.wordpress.com/blog/

24. adele miner says:

Oh these shades are stunning, perfect for blue eyes! x

adelelydia.blogspot.com

25. Louise says:

You picked lovely colours! I want to join the makeup geek gang now!!!! £6 every shopping spree sounds good to me haha!