Home » 2018 Goals | How Did I Get On?

2018 Goals | How Did I Get On?

Happy New Year! I thought I’d update you on my goals from 2018. My 2018 didn’t quite go to plan *spoilers*, but it’s important to reflect.

I am planning on doing a 2019 goals post, as I enjoyed having something to aim for throughout the year. Whatever happens it’s fun to try to who knows what the outcome could be. I hope you had a fab 2018!

Let’s see how I did!

Reach 5,000 Instagram and Twitter Followers

All in all I think I’ve lost more followers than I’ve gained. That will be because I’ve had a clear out on both apps. I realised that I was following so many accounts that I’d miss content from other people. All in all I’m not upset by not meeting this one, as I expected to lose quite a few when I unfollowed first. I’m still trying to grow and making a conscious effort to find new accounts to follow.

Pass My Driving Test

This is by far my biggest accomplishment of 2018. Driving was always a struggle for me, but I passed in August after one failed attempt. Driving is something that I never thought I’d do, so having the confidence to do it is incredible and to enjoy it too is something else.

Save Money

I wouldn’t say I’ve saved as much as I would have liked, but I have been a lot more in control of my spending. There isn’t really much to say on this one, it hasn’t been that much of a fail, so I can’t complain.

Be Healthier

This one hasn’t gone to plan. If you’ve seen my past couple of favourites post, then you’ll know. Things have got a bit better, but I fell off my fitness routine, which I’m slowly getting back into.

Learn How to Cook

This has been a complete failure. Which is a bit of an embarrassment really. I’ve searched Pinterest for recipes, but not found one I felt comfortable enough to follow. If anyone has any recipe recommendations then I would love to hear them.

Share My Favourite Accounts More Often

I feel like I’ve been alright at this. Especially on Instagram, as I had a period of sharing accounts every Sunday. I always tried to find new ones too. It’s definitely something I want to carry on doing.

Have a Clear Out

This is something else that has gone really well. Again you probably wouldn’t think it, but I’ve got a lot less now than I did have at the start of 2018. I even had a mini clear out of my packaging draw which is a minor miracle.

Continue to Improve my Mental Health

I’m pretty much on the same with this as I was on my update from half through the year. By that I mean that I’m not sure. It’s been very up and down, but for right now everything is good and I’m happy.

That is everything and overall I’d say I did well. I certainly did a lot better than I thought.

Did you achieve your 2018 goals?

1. 13th January 2019 / 3:08 pm

Looks like you had a good year! One of my goals for this year is to pass my driving test- I can’t wait until I don’t have to take the bus anymore, haha!
    Chloe X http://www.chloelxuise.com/

• 13th January 2019 / 8:49 pm

Thank you! Good luck with it, I hope you ace it. It’s amazing to not have to rely on busses anymore xx

2. 13th January 2019 / 4:14 pm

Well done for passing your driving test! This is one of my 2019 goals… just need to start but I am so scared!

louiselovesbeauty.com

• 13th January 2019 / 8:51 pm

Thank you! Good luck with it, I hope you’re able to do it. I found it hard at first, but as it goes on your confidence builds and it becomes a lot easier xx

3. 13th January 2019 / 5:51 pm

Congrats on passing your driving test ! I also had a clear out on my social media channels. Especially instagram accounts that I never even followed in the first place….hmm!

• 13th January 2019 / 8:54 pm

Thank you so much! It does you good doesn’t it? Yes, I thought that too, it’s bizarre! I find that if I haven’t used it for a while there are loads of accounts that I don’t recognise xx

4. 13th January 2019 / 7:40 pm

You did so well with your goals last year! Congratulations. Sharing accounts is definitely I want to try to do more often xx

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

• 13th January 2019 / 8:56 pm

Thank you! Yes, it’s definitely a great thing to do and helps other bloggers too xx

5. 13th January 2019 / 8:28 pm

Congratulations on passing your driving test! Such an achievement and freedom for you going forward. Instagram is so hard isn’t it! I’ve been really trying with mine but it’s such a slow process. Good luck with it! x

Samantha | https://thebeautyspyglass.com

• 13th January 2019 / 9:24 pm

Thank you so much! Totally agree with you, it’s been amazing. Yeah it’s been so difficult, but thank you and you too xx

6. 13th January 2019 / 8:51 pm

Congrats about your driving, that’s brilliant!! And definitely don’t beat yourself up about falling out of the loop with your fitness, EVERYONE does it and there’s always time to get back into it! I definitely need to do more regular clear-outs, I managed to condense my makeup from 6 drawers to 3 this year (not including palettes) which I’m SUPER proud of, haha!
    Alice Xx

• 13th January 2019 / 10:05 pm

Thank you so much! Yeah I know what you mean, it’s hard to keep up 24/7. That’s so good, as if you managed to get rid of so much!xx

7. 13th January 2019 / 8:53 pm

Although the year didn’t quite go to plan, congrats on passing your driving test – that’s such an achievement! Here’s to a great 2019!

Amy x

• 13th January 2019 / 10:05 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you have a fab year too xx

8. 13th January 2019 / 9:02 pm

Well done on passing your driving test! It took my 3 times to pass mine haha. I absolutely love sharing my favourite bloggers/IG accounts, I just love to share the love! I think its a great way to support your favourites, along with engagement.

Kayla ♥︎ http://www.kaylajayne.co.uk

• 13th January 2019 / 10:06 pm

Thank you so much! Ah that’s not many though! Yes, it’s so good isn’t it?! That’s so true xx

• 14th January 2019 / 1:02 pm

Congrats! They’re all amazing things. Here’s to 2019 xx

9. 14th January 2019 / 4:10 am

Seems like you did quite well overall, good for you! I haven’t really had any set plans/goals for the year, expect maybe for reading, and thankfully I managed to do that.

As for your question about cooking, I think you can check out some YouTube videos. I’d start with some easy pasta recipes. Just type easy or quick “ingredient” recipe and you’ll find plenty of good ones. That’s what I’ve been doing. xd

• 14th January 2019 / 1:03 pm

Thank you! Yeah it can be hard to set goals, but I’m glad you did what you wanted to do.

That is such a good idea, thank you so much! I’ll be sure to have a look xx

10. 14th January 2019 / 5:15 am

Congratulations for all your achievements and best of luck👍👍

• 14th January 2019 / 1:04 pm

11. 14th January 2019 / 11:33 am

I need to learn how to cook so bad! I attempted pancakes without scales the other day the recipe said makes 12 and I made 4 hahah. You’ve achieved a lot though! This year will be your year hun
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

• 14th January 2019 / 1:05 pm

At least you were able to make four haha! Thank you so much, that means a lot!xx

12. 14th January 2019 / 1:10 pm

Well done lovely! My goals ended up being very up and down too. I lost so many followers on social media and didn’t hit the goals I wanted too but like you I’m seeing the accounts I want to see now! Also well done on passing your driving test! That’s amazing! xx

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

• 14th January 2019 / 2:23 pm

Thank you! I’m glad you’re able to see the accounts you want to now, it’s definitely better than following everybody and seeing a lot of accounts that don’t interest or inspire you. Thank you so much xx

• 14th January 2019 / 2:23 pm

Good luck with it, I hope you’re able to do it! Oh same here haha! Thank you xx

13. 14th January 2019 / 5:20 pm

I know what you mean about losing followers rather than gaining, it seems like people favour the follow/unfollow method and it’s so irritating! Congrats on passing your test though my lovely!

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

• 14th January 2019 / 6:21 pm

Yeah it’s rather annoying, I wish people would just follow those with content they like. Rather than wanting something in return. Thank you so much xx

14. 14th January 2019 / 5:29 pm

Congrats on your driving test! It is defo a big accomplishment! I wanted to save money more in 2018 but there was always something happening that forced me to spend. Bu I guess it was a good thing that I had saved. I think overall you did well =)

• 14th January 2019 / 6:22 pm

Thank you so much! After learning for so long it certainly felt like it haha! If there was always something happening then there was nothing you could do, and I’m sure you did the best you could! Thank you so much xx

15. 14th January 2019 / 5:33 pm

It sounds like you had a pretty good year and it’s normal to not quite hit all of your goals. I really need to have a clear out of my social media accounts too. It’s great that you managed to control your spending as well! x

Sophie

• 14th January 2019 / 6:23 pm

Thank you, and that’s true! It’s one of the best things I did, it stops you seeing content that no longer inspires you and it does wonders. Thank you xx

16. 14th January 2019 / 5:40 pm

Well done on passing your driving test lovely! That’s certainly one of the best achievements you will ever do; I still remember how I felt when I passed mine! xx

• 14th January 2019 / 6:24 pm

Thank you so much! It’s a great feeling isn’t it xx

17. 14th January 2019 / 5:52 pm

I would suggest making a stir fry with some rice. It’s a super easy meal that you can make and it can be altered in so many ways. As a university student, it is a must have. Stir Fry and Pasta are possibly the top 2 for the student cookbook haha.

Chelle: http://www.chellebelle2016.blogspot.co.uk

• 14th January 2019 / 6:24 pm

Thank you! I’ll have to look into it properly and look specifically for a stir fry or pasta recipe. Thank you xx

• 15th January 2019 / 9:53 pm

Yeah it’s to be expected which is a bit of a shame, but oh well xx

18. Zara
    14th January 2019 / 7:25 pm

Hi Hannah,

First off, what a lovely lil blog you have! ^^ I had to visit after reading your lovely comment! Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I loved reading this post, actually reminded me of a few other things that I need to add to my to do list lol and I swear it’s neverending *facepalm*

Excited to read more and I have checked that I am following you on BL, twitter and insta <3 xx

Zara – Bows and Pearls

• 15th January 2019 / 9:54 pm

Hi Zara,

Thank you so much! It is no problem at all, I loved your post! It can be a struggle to get started on your to do list, but I hope you manage it.

Thank you so much!xx

19. 14th January 2019 / 9:17 pm

Ahhh I love this! I honestly get you with the losing followers of thing, so frustrating!! Hope that all your goals work out, all the best for 2019 xx

Lily Loves | http://www.lilyloves.net/

• 15th January 2019 / 9:55 pm

Thank you! It’s annoying isn’t it! Thank you, and the same to you xx

20. 15th January 2019 / 1:41 am

It’s always good to reflect on past goals. Congrats on passing your drivers test! That’s a huge accomplishment and you should be so proud. I definitely didn’t complete all of my goals in 2018 but I’ve learned to accept that not everything goes to plan.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

• 15th January 2019 / 9:56 pm

That’s so true, it really is! Thank you! It can be hard to complete everything we set ourselves, but as long as we did our best that’s all that matters xx

21. 15th January 2019 / 4:46 am

You’re not giving yourself enough credit, you achieved so much! I remember when I first got my drivers license and I was so scared but I am so glad I did it, so much freedom!

• 15th January 2019 / 9:56 pm

Thank you so much! It’s an amazing feeling isn’t it?xx

22. Melissa Kacar
    15th January 2019 / 7:11 am

What a great reflection of the year! Congrats on passing your drivers test, that’s something I’m hoping to accomplish in 2019 too. Happy New Year & best of luck accomplishing all of your goals in 2019! 🙂

melissakacar.blogspot.com

• 15th January 2019 / 9:57 pm

Thank you! I hope you’re able to do it! Happy New Year and the same to you xx

• 15th January 2019 / 9:57 pm

Yes a closet clear out is the best isn’t it?! It’s amazing to have a clear out every once in a while xx

23. 15th January 2019 / 8:02 am

You done so well darling, I feel very proud of you so be proud of yourself. I can’t wait to hear what you achieve this year! 🌸💜

With love, Alisha Valerie x | http://www.alishavalerie.com

• 15th January 2019 / 9:58 pm

Thank you so much, that means a lot! Thank you, and I hope you have a good 2019 xx

24. 15th January 2019 / 12:12 pm

Congrats on passing your test! It’s so exciting when you first pass and having your freedom even though I was terrified when I got in my car on my own for the first time and was like “What am I doing?” haha x

astoldbykirsty.co.uk

• 15th January 2019 / 9:59 pm

Thank you so much, and that is so true! It’s definitely different haha, especially when you’re on your own for the first time xx

25. Nina
    15th January 2019 / 3:34 pm

This was so interesting to read, I’m glad you achieved most of your goals. Congrats on passing a driving test, and Happy Tuesday. xx

Nina’s Style Blog

• 15th January 2019 / 10:00 pm

Thank you, this means a lot! Happy Tuesday xx

26. 15th January 2019 / 7:02 pm

Its always so interesting to look back on goals isn’t it? Congratulations on passing your driving test, I feel like that was a pretty big one to tick off! I follow you on Instagram and absolutely love your photos so I’m sure you’ll get to 5k very soon!

Soph – https://sophhearts.com x

• 15th January 2019 / 10:01 pm

It really is! Thank you so much, and that is so true. Ah, thank you it means a lot xx

27. Em
    21st January 2019 / 1:04 pm

you did really well achieving your goals, congratulations on passing your driving test!

emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk