How to Bake Flapjacks

When I was younger I used to make flapjacks all of the time. At first, I thought to myself: ‘Oh this is easy’, and then I burnt them; which is pretty typical. The best thing is they are still soft in the centre and even though the outside is a little burnt, it’s still good. If Flapjacks, aren’t your thing, then I also have a recipe for Brownies.

I got this recipe from Tanya Burr’s cooking book, as I have no idea what I’ve done with the book I had when I was younger which is a shame. I didn’t add the smarties as I figured these would be sweet enough and didn’t need anything extra for taste. Which isn’t wrong as they still taste amazing.

Ingredients:

125g Butter

10 Tablespoons Golden Syrup

100g Light Soft Brown Sugar

250g Porridge Oats

Method:

Preheat the oven to 180 celsius, 350 fahrenheit or Gas Mark 4. I used butter to grease the pan which is supposed to be 20cm, but mine is a little bigger hence the corners not being perfect.

Melt the butter in a medium size pan over a low heat. Once melted add the golden syrup and sugar. Continue to heat gently until everything is well combined.

Once combined take the pan off the heat and add the oats, then mix until everything is equally covered.

Then pour the mix in the tray, and shape it, by either by flattening it with a metal spoon or bringing it together with the spoon if your tray is too big.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Once cooled cut into squares and you’re good to go.

That is how you make flapjacks! These are definitely on the simple side, and they taste amazing.

Have you ever made flapjacks before?

Blog Signature

40 responses to “How to Bake Flapjacks”

1. These are new to me, but they seem so simple to make. I’m going to try these out. Thanks for posting! http://www.mrsqbeauty.com

2. Tiffany says:

mmm these look so delicious! I love flapjack but haven’t made it in so long, definitely going to give this a go soon 🙂

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

3. Alyssa says:

This look so yummy and easy 🙂 I wanna try this!

xx Alyssa // STYLE VANITY

4. Ahh these look SO yummy! I love homemade flapjack xx

5. Alex says:

Thank you for sharing this recipe ! I gonna try it this week end !

6. Agnese says:

I’ve never tried making flapjacks, but might give them a go, just need to figure out a healthier way to make them as I’m trying to completely cut out sugar <3

Lots of love,
    Agnese | http://www.agnesehadebe.com

7. Sabiha says:

Yummy, these look divine and so easy to make. x

8. Bernadette says:

I’ve always wondered what flap jacks were. They aren’t really thing in Australia but they sound so delicious I am definitely going to have to try and make this recipe!

9. Sofia says:

These sound sooooo tasty 😀

xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

10. Lyka says:

I don’t know a thing about cooking and baking, but this looks delicious! 🙂

Lyka Chiang

11. sunny says:

Totally mouth watering dish and i love sweet dish thanks for sharing.

12. Abby says:

I used to make flapjacks a lot which my Dad, but haven’t recently. I do love a good bit of flapjack and yours look amazing!

Abby (https://teenagehomedder.blogspot.co.uk)

13. Yiota says:

I love how easy this recipe is and these look delicious, I haven’t made flapjacks before but I am tempted to try them! x

Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

14. Georgiana says:

Flapjacks are quite new to me, but they look great and the recipe seems simple enough.

Georgiana / Beauty Nerd

15. Naya says:

I’ve never tried flapjacks, but these look really good! You did a great job, need to try the recipe too xx

Naya // http://www.partyparrotblog.com

16. Lauren says:

These sound absolutely yummy. I will have to use this recipe some time!

Lauren x Huggled

17. Emily says:

Flapjacks definitely bring back memories of my childhood and just looking at these photos makes my mouth water! Definitely going to have to give them a bake!

Musings & More

18. oh they look so yummy. i love flapjacks but never tried making them myself so i think its about time.
    ❤︎

19. Nicole Hurst says:

These look incredible! I think Flapjack has to be my favourite thing to bake!
    Nicole Nicoleannx x

20. As a passionate lover of flapjacks, I have to try your way of preparing them. They seem very palatable!