Lipsticks I Have Been Wearing in Autumn

I have been thinking about a number of Autumn posts to do, but where better to start than Lipsticks? Everybody loves a good Autumnal lip right? You know the sort, deep dark berry colours. Now mine might not be that dark, but these are the colours I have been wearing day-to-day and I’m not brave enough to wear super dark colours just to nip to the shop yet.

Kat Von D | LolitaΒ

This is the colour I have been wearing most often, and that’s mainly because I love the formula. This stays in place all day and only slightly fades when eating and drinking, but it’s nothing noticeable. It dries down matte, and it’s not uncomfortable either which is always a plus for day wear. Lolita is a warm plum, and I have been loving this colour lately it’s perfect for Autumn.

MAC | Whirl

Whirl seems like such a classic colour, as I hear a lot of people talking about it all of the time. (Mainly because of Kylie Jenner)Β  Whirl is described as a dirty rose, which is a perfect colour for those of us who don’t want to wear a full on brown, as this has just enough rosy tones for it to not be deep brown; it’s a perfect transition colour for the season. It’s a matte finish and you can get a matching lip liner which improves the lasting power, so it lasts throughout the day.

Crown Brush | Dusty Rose

I have done a full review on this, so I won’t go in to too much detail. This is a lip stain that is a really beautiful colour, it’s definitely one of the more wearable for those who aren’t too keen on their berries, as it’s a pinkish brown. This lasts really well, as it survives eating and drinking and is really comfortable on the lips.

NYX Professional Makeup | Budapest

Ever since I was kindly sent this from Debenhams, I have been loving it. It is definitely one of, if not the most Autumnal lipstick on this list. It is a really gorgeous deep red-purple berry colour. The soft matte lip creams are a really great formula, as they aren’t drying, but the lasting power isn’t the best. It’s still a really great go to colour for this time of year.

Urban Decay | 1993

Urban Decay lipsticks are quickly becoming my favourite and 1993 is a really beautiful colour. 1993 is a warm brown that I have been loving wearing. It is a comfort matte formula, so you still get a matte finish, but it’s not extremely drying. I have never had an occasion of wearing this all day, but from what I have experienced it doesn’t last too well after eating and drinking.

Top to Bottom: Lolita, Whirl, Dusty Rose, Budapest and 1993

So these are the lipsticks I have been wearing so far in Autumn! I thought I’d change it up and only show colours that I have been loving wearing so far; if that makes sense. I didn’t realise how similar they were until I swatched them all out like this, but apparently I have a type.

What lipsticks have you been loving?

102 responses to “Lipsticks I Have Been Wearing in Autumn”

1. Ariana says:

Lolita is one of my all time favorites as well! 1993 is gorgeous I think I’ll go pick it up soon.

2. Diana says:

Dusty rose is a beautiful shade! I’d definitely wear that in Autumn, I’m going to remember the name because I do need more lipstick. All so perfect for Autumn xx

3. Erin Azmir says:

Kat Von D Lolita is one of my faves! x

Erin Azmir Blog xx

4. Louise says:

MAC whirl is one of my favourites! Xx

5. Stacey says:

Oh I adore that NYX shade! I need that in my life! At the moment I’m loving my MAC palette and still a good nude!

6. Marina says:

Amazing post as usual Han! xx I’m so jealous – basically every shade here is right up my street yet I haven’t thought to purchase any of them! xx This is for sure being bookmarked! xx Whirl is looking stunning, as is budapest – I love the matte lip creams! xx
    Marina xx

• luxuryblush says:

Thank you! Ah I hope you manage to treat yourself soon, I’m glad you like them! Whirl is a really great colour and it’s a popular one too! Budapest is pretty too, and the lip creams are so good xx

7. these look so stunning, I love the colour of the Kat Von D one, definitely need to check these out for myself xx

8. Amber Atlanta says:

Mac Whirl is gorgeous – I pretty much wear the lip liner every day, so maybe it’s about time to treat myself to the lipstick to match!x

9. Sophie says:

These picks are gorgeous! I need to try Lolita i see it everywhere! Also you can’t go wrong with Whirl! Xox

sophieinwonderlandxo.com

10. Ebony says:

These nude lippies are goregeous, makes me wish it was Autumn here in Australia! xx

Ebony | http://www.andivory.com

11. I love urban decay products! i will have to take a look at their lipsticks =o)

12. LOVE these shades! I think I’ll have to go and try them all now!
    April xx

| APRIL ROSE PENGILLY |

13. Kate says:

So many gorgeous shades! I love this time of year to mix up my makeup routine a little bit πŸ˜€ I like the look of 1993. I also love the photography in this post too πŸ˜€

VioletDaffodils
    xx

14. Alex says:

I am loving Velvet Teddy for transition period !

15. Sabiha says:

These are very autumnal colours. I really want to try Kat Von D. Still not bought anything from this brand before x

16. Sara says:

I need to pick up Lolita again, I finished mine at the beginning of Summer and I’ve always meant to repurchase it, it’s a good sign when you manage to use up a lipstick!

Sara – Flemingo

17. Emma Drury says:

I love all these shades so much! I love a good Berry shade in the Autumn 😍
    Emma | emmadrury.com

18. Tia Teilli says:

Love these shades! Perfect for Autumn xx

19. Bobbi says:

I’m very drawn to that Urban Decay shade. It’s perfect for the Fall/Winter! Great post!

xo
    Bobbi

20. Ankita Bardhan says:

I like the shade Whirl but it sometimes look dark on me. I guess I should give Dirty Rose a try since it’s lighter shade πŸ™‚
    xx

21. Katie Yvonne says:

I love this! Whirl looks like such a pretty colour, I may have to try it. I really love dark reds/browns at this time of year. Such a lovely read x

22. Alice says:

I have 1993 and absolutely love it! Their vice formula is so so nice I’m so impressed by it, I’ve wanted to get Budapest for ages now too but I find the lip creams so hard to put on with that applicator for some reason, I much prefer the lip lingeries! I really need to invest in Lolita too, I only have 2 KVD liquid lips so far and one doesn’t suit me at all!
    Alice Xx

• luxuryblush says:

It’s such a gorgeous colour isn’t it?! Urban Decay lipsticks are quickly becoming my favourite, they’re so good. The lip lingeries are really great, but Budapest is a really great colour. Lolita is a beautiful colour for sure xx

23. Minttu says:

They are all so pretty! Whirl looks like something I might be interested in the most. πŸ™‚

24. Jaz says:

I’m loving the MAC and Urban Decay shades, perfect for autumn!
    Jaz xoxo

25. So many gorgeous shades, I want to try out Kat Von D lipsticks and also Urban Decay! I’ve seen a lot of people rave about them, and I think I might be missing out a little xx

Taylor Jane ox | http://www.taylorjane.co.uk

26. I loved this post – you’ve put together a fab selection of lippies! Nyx’s matte lipsticks are my favourite – Rome is a perfect autumn colour xx

27. Annie says:

Great post! I really want to start wearing lipstick more often! Thank you for sharing this list! I really love these shades, especially Lolita! πŸ™‚

28. Gemma says:

Budapest & Whirl are two of my favourites, they’re both so gorgeous! xx

29. Kay says:

I loooove the Urban Decay lipsticks from that range, they are so amazing! Really love the shades you picked out, definitely lovely especially for autumn. Thanks for sharing your fab picks, hun. <3

Kay

30. Heather says:

The Kat Von D shade is gorgeous x

31. I really need to try Lolita.

Great fall shades!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

32. Shelise says:

These colour’s are so perfect for this time of year! I love Mac lipsticks but I keep seeing a lot about Nyx lipsticks they sound so great x

S x
    SHELISES WORLD

33. Emma says:

I really love that mac color! This is giving me all the fall feelings!!
    Emma | With A City Dream

34. Emma says:

Ah I didn’t even know urban decay had a lipstick range! I need to check them out. This one looks like a lovely shade! x

35. Loving these picks here hun! Really perfect for this time of year, my favourite from this range is NYX one, that is definietly the one for me!

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

36. Chloe says:

Omg! ALL of these shades are so gorgeous! I LOVE Lolita! I’ve been wanting to get it from KVD for the longest time but now I’m just waiting for Black Friday to get everything! πŸ™‚

xo, Chloe // https://funinthecloset.com/measurable-difference-makeup/

37. Morgan says:

Hah, you really do have a type! I love this shade of lipstick all year round. I can see why it got so trendy – it suits so many people and is really versatile.
    Morgan | Hyacinth Girl

38. Joyce says:

I need 1993! For some reason Lolita pulls very purple on me and it doesn’t look right and is a bit patchy. Mac whirl is one of my favourite shades!

39. Julia says:

These all look beautiful (autumn/winter lipstick shades are always my fav) but I think if I had to choose, Whirl would be my favourite!

Julia // The Sunday Mode

40. Naya says:

I love your picks! Unfortunately shades like these don’t suit my complexion at all, but I bet they look amazing on you! Lolita is such a cult-fave.

Naya // http://www.partyparrotblog.com

41. Shiana says:

If you like Whirl, really recommend Twig by Mac, its perfection!

Shiana xx | shianajarvis.com

42. Budapest is one of my faves, I love it! I wore it the other day and forgot how much I do love it. Lolita is also a great shade and I find the Kat Von D Liquid Lipsticks to last such a long time, which is fab. All of the other lipsticks look lovely, I love all of the shades. I need to try MAC’s Whirl xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

43. Asaake says:

Those are so beautiful! Definitely colors I’d love to wear!!

44. Alyssa says:

These shades look amazing for fall season! I like that Kat Von D, MAC, and NYX πŸ™‚

xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

45. Dee says:

Wow they are so pretty and definitely autumn-appropriate shades! This reminds me that MAC Whirl was my favorite until I lost it. Eh, I guess it’s time to get a new one then πŸ˜€ Great post, btw! <3

46. Jo says:

I love NYX soft matte lippies but I usually go for more toned shades as they really don’t last that long. This berry colour is gorgeous though! πŸ™‚

47. Thania says:

wow all of those lip colors are so gorgeous and right up my alley! I actually have a couple of these shades already in my collection. Excited to pull them out and use them thanks to you!

xoxo