• Beauty
    19th August 2018 View Post
  • Skincare
    The Body Shop Haul
    15th August 2018 View Post
  • Home » How to Bake Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

How to Bake Double Chocolate Chip Muffins

After not baking for so long, I wanted to get back in to it with something I haven’t made much of before. In the end I decided to go with muffins. I have made muffins before, but I didn’t have a proper tin, or the right cases, so they turned out to be more like cupcakes.

This recipe is from Dr Oetker, and it’s different from anything I’ve done before. The recipe I’ve used is pretty much the same, but I didn’t have enough chocolate chips, so I had to improvise with what I had.

Ingredients

275g Plain Flour

1 Tbsp Baking Powder

50g Cocoa Powder

115g Caster Sugar

2 Medium Eggs

225ml Milk

115g Melted Butter

1sp Vanilla Extract

75g Chocolate Chips

75g White Chocolate Chips

Method

Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 170°C fan oven/ 375°F/ gas mark 5. Prepare the muffin tray with the cases.

Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in to a bowl. Next stir in the sugar, and add the chocolate chips. This is when I realised I didn’t have any white ones, so I had to use star sprinkles.

Combine and make a well in the centre.

In a separate bowl mix the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla together. Once everything has been mixed pour in the centre of the well. I melted the butter in the microwave, removing it every 10 seconds to mix until it had fully melted.

I thought the mixture would be too runny with all of that liquid, but after some mixing it turned out fine. It should end up as a stiff batter.

Divide the mix equally and smooth the top over. I baked mine for around 19-20 minutes, and they could have done with a tiny bit less. The recipe says 25 minutes, but I always take these times with a pinch of salt, as my oven is normally hot enough to go for less when I finally get around to putting them in.

To check if they had cooked I used a cocktail stick to stab the centre. If it comes out clean it’s done. You can also tell by the feel of the top, if it’s well risen and firm then it’s good to go.

Transfer to wire rack to cool, and then store as desired.

There we have it, that’s how you bake Double Chocolate Chip Muffins!

What’s your favourite thing to bake?

• 5th August 2018 / 7:55 pm

Thank you so much, I’m glad you like them! I hope you love them as much as we have here!xx

1. 5th August 2018 / 6:17 pm

These muffins look and sound so so good! I love baking muffins, cupcakes, and cakes, especially anything that’s chocolate. I love that this has white chocolate in it too because that’s my favorite kind of chocolate. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I’ll have to give it a try!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net/

• 5th August 2018 / 7:56 pm

Thank you, I’m so glad you think so! Cakes are definitely one of the best things to make! Be sure to use bigger white chocolate chunks than I did haha, so you get the proper benefit! I hope you love them!xx

2. 5th August 2018 / 6:57 pm

These look sooooo delicious!! I usually make normal muffins if I make any but these look so chocoloately I’ll have to do these next time!!

Lucy | http://www.lucy-cole.co.uk

• 5th August 2018 / 7:57 pm

Thank you so much! Making muffins is great, and I hope you love these ones too xx

• 5th August 2018 / 9:49 pm

Thank you! These ones taste so good. I hope you like them too xx

3. 5th August 2018 / 8:38 pm

I’ve never fully known how to bake a muffin! So thankyou for this post, defo looking forward to giving these a go.

They look delicious!

• 5th August 2018 / 9:50 pm

I hope you love them, if you give them a go! They taste amazing xx

4. 5th August 2018 / 8:44 pm

OMG! I am sold! They look so good! I love baking, I love chocolate and I love muffin! I want to try these!

• 5th August 2018 / 9:51 pm

Ah, so glad you like the look of them too! It sounds like you’ll love these!xx

5. 5th August 2018 / 8:44 pm

I LOVE that you used stars instead of white chocolate chips, points for improvisation!

Jas xx

• 5th August 2018 / 9:51 pm

Haha, it was better than nipping to the shop!xx

6. 5th August 2018 / 8:47 pm

Yum! These sounds amazing! I haven’t had cupcakes in ages! I used to make them all the time as a kid. I think we made something similar to this. I’m definitely craving some double chop chip muffins now though!

• 5th August 2018 / 9:52 pm

Thank you so much! Baking is so much fun, and definitely something a lot of people seemed to have grown up doing, or done a couple of times with family. Haha, sorry about that!xx

7. 5th August 2018 / 9:55 pm

These look amazing! Might have to try making them sometime, great post x

• 5th August 2018 / 10:06 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you love them, if you give it a go. Thank you xx

• 5th August 2018 / 10:30 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you love them if you give them a try xx

8. 5th August 2018 / 11:13 pm

Okay WHY am I reading this post at nearly midnight?! I now want to bake some yummy muffins and just stuff my face. Absolutely ADORE the look of these and I’m such a huge fan of anything chocolate. In fact, the chocolatier, the better! I love the cute little white stars and I definitely need to bake these soon with my other half. Although I don’t think I’ll be able to resist eating nearly all of them…
      Alice Xx

• 6th August 2018 / 10:32 pm

Haha, probably the worst time to start craving chocolate muffins! I hope you love them if you give them a go, and have fun baking them too! Oh don’t worry, they didn’t last long here either xx

9. 5th August 2018 / 11:19 pm

Oh my gosh those cookies look so amazing! I am a major chocoholic so I got major cravings just from that picture of the chocolate chips (luckily I’ve got half a pint of vegan chocolate chip cookie dough left, that I’m most definitely gonna go for right after I type this haha). I cook a lot, but I actually don’t bake and have never baked anything from scratch before, but I really want to!
      Afairytaledream.com

• 6th August 2018 / 10:34 pm

Thank you! They’re actually muffins, so a little different to cookies- both are really great though! Hope you’re enjoying the vegan cookie dough! Baking from scratch is a lot of fun and feels very rewarding too!xx

• 6th August 2018 / 10:34 pm

That’s so true! No problem, thank you for stopping by xx

10. 6th August 2018 / 3:04 am

Muffins and chocolate are the words that form the key to my heart. I will definitely try this recipe later 🙂

Thank you for sharing it!

• 6th August 2018 / 10:35 pm

They’re the best aren’t they haha?! I hope you love them too. No problem, thank you for stopping by xx

11. 6th August 2018 / 5:18 am

Omg this looks incredible! Definitely not the best idea to start of my day reading your post because I’m craving this so badly! <3

• 6th August 2018 / 10:37 pm

Thank you, I’m glad you think so! Haha, sorry about that!xx

• 6th August 2018 / 10:37 pm

Thank you, I’m glad you think so! Chocolate cake is the best though haha xx

• 6th August 2018 / 10:38 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you love them, if you give them a try xx

12. 6th August 2018 / 12:32 pm

Oooh these look so yummy! What an easy recipe too! One of my favourite things to bake are butterfly cakes 🙂 Clare xx | https://www.clayaa.com

• 6th August 2018 / 10:41 pm

Thank you, glad you think so! Yeah, it’s definitely one of the simple ones which makes it so much better haha! I’ve never attempted them, but I’ve been meaning to for ages!xx

13. 6th August 2018 / 1:10 pm

Yesss these look amazing! I am seriously a muffin fiend, I’ll have to try these one time 🙂

Julia // The Sunday Mode

• 6th August 2018 / 10:38 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you love them too, if you give them a go xx

• 6th August 2018 / 10:39 pm

Thank you so much! Yes pretty much anything with chocolate in is a winner!xx

• 6th August 2018 / 10:40 pm

Thank you, glad you think so!xx

• 7th August 2018 / 4:54 pm

I hope you love them if you give them a try xx

• 7th August 2018 / 4:54 pm

haha, glad you like the look of them! No problem, thank you for stopping by xx

• 8th August 2018 / 2:22 pm

Haha, sorry about that! That’s true, at least they look cute!xx

• 8th August 2018 / 2:22 pm

Thank you so much! They definitely make an amazing little treat xx

14. Georgia
      7th August 2018 / 10:45 pm

Oh my gosh, these look divine! Even though I’ve made so many cupcakes, biscuits and cookies over the years, I haven’t made that many muffins – may have to give these a whirl…

//teandtwosugars.blogspot.com xx

• 8th August 2018 / 2:24 pm

Thank you so much! Muffins tend to get a little overlooked compared to the others. Hope you love them too xx

• 8th August 2018 / 2:27 pm

Thank you so much! I hope you love them, if you give them a try xx

15. 8th August 2018 / 11:24 am

These look so tasty! I don’t know where to start when it comes to baking, so I love posts like these. Thanks for sharing!

Shelley x

• 8th August 2018 / 2:29 pm

They taste really good too! I’m glad you find them useful. No problem, thank you for stopping by xx

• 9th August 2018 / 2:34 pm

They’re so good aren’t they?! Thank you xx

16. 11th August 2018 / 2:59 pm

Oh wow – I always have such a sweet tooth and these look incredible but my diet has changed completely so I’d look at making these vegan so will definitely take all the inspiration from these as they just look great! 🙂

Layla x

• 27th August 2018 / 4:42 pm

I hope you manage to make the vegan equivalent, they are extremely delicious! Thank you xx

• 27th August 2018 / 4:42 pm

Thank you so much! Hope you love them, if you give them a try xx

17. 28th August 2018 / 6:24 pm

Omg these look divine!! I always enjoy your baking posts! 😀
      xx