Home » Current Favourites

Current Favourites

I’m going to be honest here this was supposed to be an August Favourites, but I left it a little late. Instead I’m combining it with September to get something I can post. These are all still things I’m loving, hence the title being Current Favourites. You know what, this is getting complicated, so I’m just going to stop this here and hope you know what I mean.

I’ve included a wider range of things in this post too, so it’s something a little different to the standard beauty favourites.

Maybelline | Lash Sensational Mascara

I’ve loved this for a long time, so I never think to include it in posts, but I’ve just looked back to see when its last mention was and it was in my 2015 Favourites. (throwback) So the time has come to include it again. This mascara has received a lot of hype throughout the years, and it’s one that’s stuck with me. I’ve repurchased this many times and it doesn’t disappoint. I like a mascara that lengthens and adds volume and this ticks both boxes. Plus for the price it is definitely worth it.

Clinique | Beyond Perfecting Foundation and Concealer

Before going on holiday, I wanted a foundation to take that would work for the evening. In the end I decided to go for this one by Clinique and I loved it. The coverage is amazing and definitely on the full side of things. It covered my redness amazingly, and sat comfortably on the skin without looking cakey. I have the shade Alabaster, which is too dark for me now, as I wore it the other day and my face was literally glowing orange. There are lighter shades available which I will be reaching for.

The Body Shop | Mango Body Scrub

I love majority of the products from the Body Shop, but I always thought the scrubs are too gentle. That was until I saw the sugar scrubs; there are only two scents: Shea and Mango, so I went for Mango. Mango is a new scent to me, and one I’ve not tried before, but it has been perfect for Summer. It’s a beautiful fruity scent. What’s amazing is that this isn’t too rough on the skin, it starts off as a thick looking texture, but when you sweep it over the skin it turns to sugar. It doesn’t leave an oily residue behind, but leaves the skin feeling a lot smoother.

Primark | Glow Setting Spray

I feel like this isn’t really a surprise as I’ve spoken about it a lot. I’ve been using this every time I do my makeup, and I love it. For £4 it is incredible. This is infused with Vitamin B5, illuminating pearls and aloe vera. Meaning it’s hydrating and leaves your skin with a subtle glow. Just be sure to give it a shake first, as this ensures everything’s mixed together. My makeup also lasts really well with this, so no complaints here… other than the fact it’s not the finest mist…

Urban Decay | Original Naked Palette

I know this palette has been discontinued now, but I still really like it. I’m not the best with eyeshadow, and I’ve been recently getting back into wearing it with this palette. I feel like I need practice, and I’m finding that these kind of classic browns/ golds to be good shades to go with. Smog has been a favourite, as I’ve been using it wet and putting it all over the lid, and I love Sidecar too.

Green & Blacks | Velvet Fruit Raspberry

I hate myself for loving these, as they’re pricey for what they are. (As my mum keeps reminding me) They’re £2.50 for a bag, and you get a reasonable amount. I love anything Raspberry flavoured so decided to pick these up on a whim, and I am in love with them. They’re dark chocolate balls, with what I can only describe as a raspberry jelly cube centre. The combination is everything, and they taste amazing!

Bahlsen | White Chocolate Cocoa Biscuit

I know, more unhealthy food! When I saw these in Tesco I knew I had to try them, white chocolate is one of my favourites and I liked the idea of a chocolate biscuit with it. Together they test amazing, and I’m glad I gave them a go. If you like white chocolate then you should love these.

Kathleen Lights

I know Kathleen has been on YouTube for a long time now, but August is the first time I’ve ever seen a video of hers. American YouTubers are a funny one for me, as I never like watching them, considering I’m in the UK, and it’s harder for me to get the products they’re talking about. I finally decided to watch a video of hers, which turned into a binge of her channel as I love her videos.

Shane Dawson

I’m pretty sure everyone has been loving Shane Dawson, as it’s been all anyone has been talking about. I’ve been loving his videos for a while, and his series where he confronted his Dad is a huge reason why I reconnected with my Dad who I hadn’t seen in a couple of years, and we now have a much better relationship. His videos are always really entertaining no matter the subject, and it feels more like sitting down to watch a series on Netflix rather than YouTube.

Holiday

If you follow me on Instagram then you will see me posting quite a few holiday photos from my recent trip to the Med onboard P&O ship Britannia. It was my first time on a P&O ship and I loved every minute of it… well not the time we got caught in the tail end of a storm, but that’s a different story. It was for two weeks, and I was finally able to visit Italy which is something I’ve always wanted to do. If you’re not already fed up with my holiday spam then you can see more photos over on Instagram.

That is everything!

What are your Current Favourites?

1. 22nd October 2018 / 4:16 pm

Omg those biscuits are delicious aren’t they?! I love the dark chocolate ones. The Maybelline Lash Sensational is one of my favourite beauty items at the moment, I’m so glad I decided to try it xx

Tiffany x http://www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

• 22nd October 2018 / 4:44 pm

They’re so good! The dark chocolate ones are so nice too! It’s definitely a really great mascara, and I’m so glad that you like it xx

• 22nd October 2018 / 9:35 pm

I’m glad you like it too! Thank you so much, I tried to go with more of a variety this time xx

• 22nd October 2018 / 9:35 pm

They’re so good! They’re my new love haha xx

2. 22nd October 2018 / 7:39 pm

Wow, I love the sound of that Primark setting spray, for £4 you can’t go wrong!!xx

Lily Loves

• 22nd October 2018 / 9:36 pm

It’s been one of my favourites for a while now, it’s great for the price xx

3. 23rd October 2018 / 4:39 am

Maybelline have a strong mascara game! There are so many of them that I love and it makes me hardly ever crave a high-end mascara. I haven’t tried that particular mascara but it’s definitely on the list. x

• 23rd October 2018 / 9:09 pm

They really do, they have so many great ones. It’s been a favourite of mine for so long now, it’s great xx

• 23rd October 2018 / 9:09 pm

It’s such an amazing place! I hope you manage to go xx

4. Melissa Kacar
    24th October 2018 / 4:18 am

What a great selection! That Maybelline is one of my favorites, as well! I also love Shane Dawson, what he’s doing on YouTube is really changing the standard of content quality for the platform. I’ve been watching his videos for about 6 years and its been so cool to see him evolve through the years! Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a great day! 🙂

melissakacar.blogspot.com

• 27th October 2018 / 3:01 pm

Thank you! It’s such a good mascara. Shane has been making such good content, and I definitely agree with you on that one. You’ve been watching him for so long! No problem, thank you for stopping by and I hope you do too xx

5. 24th October 2018 / 8:57 am

You have some fab favourites here. I love how you included biscuits and chocolate! I’d really love the UD palette. Perfect shades for autumn.

Samantha x

• 27th October 2018 / 3:02 pm

Thank you! I couldn’t not haha! It’s such a beautiful palette xx

6. Kay
    24th October 2018 / 1:00 pm

I’ve heard that the original Naked palette has now been discontinued ;( It is a classic, though. And that Primark setting spray, what a surprise! It does sound super lovely. Thanks for sharing your favourites, beaut, really enjoyed this post. <3 xoxo

Kay

• 27th October 2018 / 3:03 pm

It’s so sad it’s such a good palette. It’s a great spray, especially for the price. No problem, and thank you that means a lot xx

• 27th October 2018 / 3:04 pm

It’s a good one, but yeah the mist could be a little finer- at least it’s only cheap haha xx

7. 25th October 2018 / 4:38 pm

I still can’t believe they discontinued that naked palette, it’s personally very offensive haha it’s so beautiful! Also I’ve heard such good things about that primark setting spray! A lot of the sprays I’ve used are higher end and they are just too expensive for what they are so would be super interested to see what the primark one is like! xx

• 27th October 2018 / 3:06 pm

I know, it’s such a shame! It’s a great one, especially for the price. There are some great high end ones and ones that just seem expensive for what they are. It’s been a favourite of mine for a while xx

8. 25th October 2018 / 5:31 pm

I love the sound of the Primark face mask, I need to try it! Xx

• 25th October 2018 / 5:32 pm

Just realised I said mask instead of mist ahahah!!

• 27th October 2018 / 3:06 pm

It’s really great, especially for the price of it xx

9. 25th October 2018 / 10:56 pm

It’s nice to catch up! I am glad you included some food items in your current favorites lol. I also love the combination of chocolate and raspberry. Have a lovely day!

-PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com

Say hello and let’s follow each other <3
    instagram.com/iamperlita

• 27th October 2018 / 3:07 pm

It really is, thank you! I had to haha, thought it would be a good change! It’s the best combination Thank you, and you too xx

10. 30th October 2018 / 8:01 am

I love the sound of the foundation and can imagine that the Mango scrub smells amazing!! xx

Beautylymin

11. 2nd November 2018 / 2:18 pm

That Clinique foundation sounds really good and one I should probably look into!! Kathleen has been one of my faves for ages, I am currently loving her new series shes doing with her mum about face masks!
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

12. 3rd November 2018 / 3:51 am

Those white chocolate biscuits look amazing! I’m going to need to see if I can find something similar here in the US. I’ve been loving Shane Dawson’s videos recently too because the quality of them are just amazing. It does feel like watching something on Netflix. Great favorites!

x Kara | http://karascloset.net