October Favourites 2018

Let’s pretend that my blog isn’t turning into a variation of different favourites posts. This is me getting back into my blogging timeline, and back to normal. Which is a new favourites post at the end of every month. My last Current Favourites post was a bit late to say the least. I however, really enjoyed that one, and it was nice to include a variation of things.

This is turning into a ramble, so let’s just get into what I’ve been loving in October.

Too Faced | Born This Way Foundation

I’ve spoken about this foundation quite a lot on my blog, but it has been my go to now that I’m back to being my pale self after my holiday. In my last favourites post I spoke about a foundation from Clinique which is really great, but it’s too dark for me now. I’ve reverted to my trusty Born This Way in the shade Snow. The coverage is medium, but it can be built without looking too cakey. It leaves the skin with a subtle glow which I have been loving just lately.

Makeup Geek

This is the month that I have tried to get back into eyeshadow. I’ve ventured out from my trusty Naked palette into other shadows. I dug my Z Palette out a while ago for a photo for Insta, and I remembered all of the single shadows I picked out so I went with that. The shades I’ve been using the most are: Cocoa Bear, Grandstand, Tan Lines and Shimma Shimma. Which aren’t the most exciting shades, but I like my neutrals. The best thing about these shadows is the price. They’re affordable and the quality is amazing for the money you pay.

The Body Shop | Vitamin E Moisture Cream

This is practically empty now, so be prepared to see it in my next empties post. I picked this up just before I went on holiday, as I needed a new moisturiser to take with me. In the end I went with this one from the body shop, as I know that it gets the job done. I got the 50ml size in the 48 hour cream that’s for all skin types. This is a brilliant moisturiser and one that feels thick enough to hydrate my skin without leaving it feeling dry hours later. It sinks in quickly and doesn’t leave the a sticky feeling. Looking at the website now I have seen an Intense version which looks like it will be perfect for the Winter. I may have also seen the Christmas collection, so Vanilla Marshmallow; I’m coming for you.

YSL | Black Opium Perfume

This has been my go to perfume in the colder months for a few years now. This perfume is perfect for Autumn/ Winter nights, and it’s what I’ve been reaching for a lot, and what’ll probably take me through the next couple of months. This is a stronger perfume, as you really don’t need a lot for it to be noticeable. In fact it’s very easy to go over the top with. As I’m terrible at describing scents I’m just going to list the notes:

Top Notes: Pink Pepper and Orange Blossom
Heart Notes: Jasmine and Coffee
Base Notes: Vanilla, Patchouli and Cedar wood

Tesco | Crispy Caramel Bites

Yes more unhealthy food, I like to eat okay. If you’ve been here for a while then you’ll realise that the healthy eating resolution is not going well. When I got back from my holiday I was craving something that had caramel in it, as I realised that I do like it when I thought that I didn’t, so I wasn’t about to waste anymore time in not eating it. I probably should have saved one or bought a new box for this post, but the healthy eating resolution is coming into play now. These are rice crispy cakes, with a layer of milk chocolate underneath and caramel running through them. In all fairness the caramel isn’t actually that strong, it just makes it a little harder to bite in half. I still liked them, and I remember wanting to include them in this post, so here they are. Looking back probably not the best thing you’ll ever eat, but I’m easily pleased.

That is everything I loved in October! I’m not a big Halloween person, hence the lack of it on any of my socials and in this post. I hope you enjoyed though, and I’d love to know what you were loving throughout October!

69 responses to “October Favourites 2018”

1. That palette is bluddy gorgeous!, I also love the body shop vitamin E cream it’s perfect for my sensitive, dry skin.

2. I’ve been wanting to try the Too Faced foundation for ages! My mum also has that perfume and everytime i go to hers I have to give it a little spray x

3. Louise says:

The foundation sounds right up my street! I love the YSL perfume it is one of my favourites. I have not tried the face cream but I tried the eye cream in that range and it is amazing! The eyeshadow palette is coming along nicely! In October I loved fur gilets and boots as well as Benefit Gimmie Brow! xx

louiselovesbeauty.com

• luxuryblush says:

It’s such a good one! Such a beautiful scent. The Vitamin E range is fab, and thank you! Fur gilets always look so good at this time of year and you can’t go wrong with a good pair of boots!xx

4. Ameli a says:

Loved this post Hannah! Those makeup geek eyeshadows look gorgeous! Love all the shades you’ve chosen. The caramel bites sound delish xx

5. Rhianna says:

I love the Body Shop too! In fact, I hadn’t spotted the Christmas stuff yet and now I know I NEED that vanilla marshmallow, so I’m blaming you for my excessive spending 😉
    I love that YSL perfume, and it’s cute bottle! I totally get what you mean about it being easy to go overboard with though – I sprayed a bit on my hair and it gave me a headache because I could smell it constantly 😂 which isn’t a bad thing in the sense that it smells amazing, but the headache wasn’t great 😂 I’m loving Daisy Love and Daisy Twinkle by Marc Jacobs at the mo – the Love one is a bit heavier and fruitier than normal Daisy, while the Twinkle one is really light and smells like Daisy with Parma Violets mixed in! 😍

Rhianna x

• luxuryblush says:

haha sorry about that! The Christmas scents sound amazing, so definitely worth it! It’s such a classic and the bottle is super pretty. Yes it can definitely be a little over powering. Yeah, a headache isn’t exactly what you want with your perfume haha! Marc Jacobs have some really great perfumes. Those ones sound like they smell incredible!xx

6. Annie says:

Great list! This October I’ve been obsessed with autumnal colours. I’ve especially been trying to include more oranges and yellows in my wardrobe. Those crispy caramel bites sound super yummy!

7. Lotte Han says:

Black Opium is so nice! Especially, for this time of year like you said!

Lotte | http://www.lottelauv.blogspot.co.uk

8. charlotte says:

Oh my gosh I haven’t used my custom eyeshadow palette for ages with all my singles in. I should definitely get it out more. Used to love that Body Shop moisturiser until I found the Superdrug vitamin E day cream one!
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

• luxuryblush says:

That was the same as me! Just completely forgot, and now I’ve got it back out it’s great! It’s so worth getting it back out. I’ll have to look into the Superdrug one, as their range seems so good!xx

9. Samantha says:

I’m hoping to try Born this way foundation. I’m dry skinned like you, so if you love it I should be ok with it too! Oh, and the vitamin E is another moisturiser on my wish list! I see you enjoyed the ‘unhealthy’ treats!!

Samantha x

10. Amber Atlanta says:

Makeup Geek eyeshadows are some of the best in my opinion. They’re so affordable and there is literally every colour, shade, and formula you could ever want! Cocoa Bear is one of my favourites too for sure xx
    Amber | http://www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

11. I really want to try some products from The Body Shop vitamin E range! The overnight mask has been high on my wishlist for a while now x

Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.co.uk

12. Oh my goodness those Crispy Caramel Bites from Tesco are to die for! I love them!! The YSL Black Opium perfume sounds right up my street too – I must add it to my perfume wish list xo

Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk

13. Dena Jayne says:

I am obsessed with the Too Faced ‘Born this way’ foundation. I think it’s such a fab foundation. I’ve never smelt ‘black opium’ before, but, I’ve seen SO many people rave about it. I will 100% pop into Debenhams and have a whiff!

14. Danielle xx says:

I love the Born This Way Foundation, it is amazing quality!

Danielle xx

15. I adore that too faced foundation! Every time I wear it I’m obsessed with how good my skin looks. If I had to choose one foundation, I feel like that would be the one I choose. x

16. Kiran says:

I really need to try the Born This Way foundation, it sounds so good! I love the Vitamin E range from The Body Shop as well. Great favourites Hannah, thank you for sharing xx

ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

• luxuryblush says:

I put off trying it for so long, and now I have no idea why I didn’t try it sooner. It’s definitely worth it. Yes, it’s such a fab range. Thank you so much, and it’s no problem, thank you for stopping by xx

17. Amita says:

The Born This Way foundation is one of my favourites, honestly it looks amazing on the skin! I love the Vitamin C cream too, I use it at night with the face wash and toner and I feel like my skin has improved since I’ve used it xx

amerzwithlove.com

18. Kay says:

Black Opium is such a gorgeous scent. <3 They have so many different versions and limited editions, too, I just wish I could have them all! Also, I've been meaning to try that Too Faced foundation. I've heard amazing things about it, although I typically go for things with full coverage, because my skin sucks! Also not sure whether it would be good for oily skin? Thanks for sharing these, I love favourites posts! <3 xoxo

Kay

19. Gemma Etc. says:

YSL Black Opium is one of my all time favourite fragrances, I love it so much especially at this time of year xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

20. Emily Newstead says:

I’ve been wearing YSL Black Opium for quite a few years now- I cannot live without it!

Emily xo

21. Hanna Rose says:

Hi Hannah!

Great choices for your monthly favourites!
    I had no idea there was an intense version of TBS Vitamin E Cream – will have to check it out as I can get through the regular one quite quickly too.
    Your MUG eyeshadows are all beaut shades and those Crispy Chocolate and Caramel bites from Tesco sound tasty.
    xoxo
    Hanna Rose
    Latest Blog Post: Christmas Blog Post Ideas Part. 3

22. Lily says:

I’ve heard so many good things about those shadows, I love how you can pick and choose the shades too! Them caramel bites sound so good! Loved this x
    Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net

23. Laura says:

I do need to try the born this way foundation, everyone raves about it!! Also Black Opium is such an amazing perfume, I love the scent of it soooo much, I cover myself head to toe in it haha!

Laura / https://laustworld.blogspot.com/

24. Charline says:

You’ve got some great shades going on in your custom palette, what a beautiful assembly!
    I love Black Opium, although I have the Floral Shock one. I think I might like the original just a bit better and I’m totally getting it if I ever finish my current one!

Love, Charline | Charline Has a Blog

25. Jasmine says:

Grandstand and Shimma Shimma are two of my favourite MUG shadows! I’ve hit pan on Grandstand which almost never happens to me with eyeshadows 🙂

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

26. Siobhán says:

I love how you’re showing the empty box of bites – they really must be good! Love that Too Faced foundation xx

Beautylymin | Pat McGrath Lipstick Trio Giveaway

27. I really want to create my own makeup geek palette. their shadows are just beautiful.
    ❤︎

28. Kara says:

I always enjoy reading your favorites posts, so the more the better! Those eyeshadow shades look really pretty. I’ve never used any of Makeup Geek’s eyeshadows before but I’ll have to give them a try. And that moisture cream is one of my favorites for winter.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

29. Zorica says:

Love the perfume.
    Perfect for the season.
    xx

30. Lisa Autumn says:

These eyeshadows look amazing!

x Lisa | lisaautumn.com

31. Megan says:

Yes yes yes! That perfume is my fave and I swear by TBS vitamin E moisture cream. I want to try the TooFaced foundation SOOOO bad! Is this one good for oily skin?? Also, I feel like a lot of food would be included in my monthly faves hahah x

• luxuryblush says:

It’s such a good one isn’t it?! The Vitamin E range is such a good one. I’m not too sure if it’ll be good for oily skin, but I have heard others with oily skin that love it. It’s too easy to include haha xx

32. Eva Westley says:

I absolutely love The Body Shop Vitamin E moisturiser! Also would love to try the black opium perfume sounds lush x

33. Maiya says:

I really want to try that foundation! I’ve heard so many good things! xx