January Favourites 2019

Well it might be a new year, but I’m still posting late apparently. I know we’re well into February now, but it’s time to look back on January for a monthly favourites.

Anastasia Beverly Hills | Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit – Kitty Kat

I was unsure on whether to include this or not. This palette was limited edition, so unless it is brought back; it is no longer available. On my bid to rediscover products in my collection, I was loving this palette. The shade Kitty Kat is the one I gravitated to the most. In the pan it looks very pink. When swatched and applied it looks a lot more silver with a hint of pink. It is very pigmented which I love.

ColourPop | Super Shock Highlighter Spoon

After wearing Kitty Kat I thought it was too dark for my skin tone, so I’d add a little bit of this over the top to lighten it a little. I have mentioned this on the blog before, as it was one of my 2017 favourites. With this highlighter you really don’t need that much. The tiniest amount goes such a long way, as it is a chunky glittery highlight.

Too Faced | Hangover Setting Spray

This is another classic that I reviewed back in the day, but I’ve been using it every day since Christmas. This is great in the Winter, as it’s best for those with dry skin. It’s very hydrating and my foundation looks a lot better after using this. I only use this for setting makeup, but it is three in one. The scent on this isn’t that great, and it took me a while to get used to it.

Violet Voss | Fun Sized Eye Shadow Crème Brulee

I have been thinking about doing a full review on this, so I won’t go into too much detail here. I love my gold and brown shades, so of course I love this. I’ve mainly used the second and third shades on the top row from the left and the two underneath those. This palette doesn’t have shade names, so it’s a little hard to describe. It does however have a mirror, which I know a lot of people like. The only downside for me, is that there isn’t a good matte transition shade.

Viktor and Rolf | Flower-bomb

My boyfriend bought me this for Christmas and it’s all I’ve been wearing since. It’s very floral and sweet, which makes a great day time perfume. I’m not normally a floral person, but I love this. The bottle is also really pretty which is always an added bonus.

Glossier | Balm Dotcom

This is another Christmas present, and I have been loving it! It’s a balm designed to nourish and repair dry skin. This means you can use it on your lips or on any chaffed skin. I use this as a lip balm, and the tiniest bit goes a long way. I have the original version which is unscented. It is extremely moisturising, as it contains Beeswax and Castor Seed Oil.

My Birthday

On the 27th January I turned 22, and had a great day. I spent the day with my boyfriend who absolutely spoilt me. We went out for dinner, and then went for drinks later on. It was a really great day. I very nearly made a Taylor Swift joke, but we’ll leave that one for now.

That is everything I was loving throughout January!

What were your January Favourites?

42 responses to “January Favourites 2019”

1. I am going to have to try out that Too Faced Spray soon!

Danielle xx

2. Emily says:

I really want to the Too Faced Hangover Setting Spray and the primer too actually, but they’re still on my wishlist until I get paid! P.s. happy belated birthday!!

Emily | Snippets of Emily’s Life xx

3. Kate says:

So many pretty picks here! That violet voss palette looks gorgeous, such pretty shades inside 🙂 Loved reading through your favourites x

Kate | http://www.katelovesx.co.uk/

4. Alice says:

That Violet Voss palette looks so gorgeous! The only thing I have from them is their Holy Grail palette which I bloody love but I can’t say I reach for it that much anymore. I haven’t tried the Too Faced setting spray but my skin has changed so much and gone completely dry recently so I’m really tempted to give it a try. I wanted the Nicole glowkit soo badly and I’m so sad I never got it when it was around! The shades look to die for!
    Alice Xx

• luxuryblush says:

I love it so much! The Holy Grail palette is gorgeous isn’t it?! Funnily enough I don’t reach for it a lot either. I think it’s fab for dry skin, so it might be great for you. Hopefully they bring it back, as it’s such a gorgeous palette!xx

5. Kayla says:

I have really been eyeing up the Violet Voss mini’s they’re so cute! I also have been looking for a new setting spray, so may just have to pick up this Too Faced one!

Kayla | http://www.kaylajayne.co.uk
    xo

6. I absolutely adore so many of Too Faced products, their make up is some of my favourites. Need to try the hangover range!

Love, Amie ❤

The Curvaceous Vegan

7. In love with everything you have picked here! I’ve never seen that violet voss palette 😍 and I do regret not picking up that highlighter palette when I had the chance! Chelsea xx

8. Gemma Etc. says:

Ah Flowerbomb is my absolute favourite, I love it so much. I have the intense version too and I really like it xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

9. Siobhán says:

Belated Happy Birthday!

I love Flowerbomb! Looking forward to a review on that palette – the shade selection is stunning! xx

Beautylymin | Pat McGrath Mini Lip Gloss Trio Giveaway

10. Jade says:

Another amazing blog you have

Loved this

jadieegosh

11. Shelby says:

How have I never tried any of these!? They’re all so gorgeous! Definitely adding some of these to my wish list xx

12. Louise says:

I LOVE the Violet Voss Palette it’s my favourite at the moment too!

louiselovesbeauty.com

13. Kara says:

Happy belated birthday! Glossier’s balm dotcom is the best! Some people don’t like it but it is the one thing I use on my lips during winter that really helps. And that eyeshadow palette is gorgeous! I always enjoy reading your favorites.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

• luxuryblush says:

Thank you! It’s so good isn’t it?! I can’t believe some people don’t like it, it’s been a life saver over Winter. It’s such a pretty one. Thank you so much, that means a lot xx

14. Khanak says:

I love the ABH x Nicole kit in my collection! My favourite shades have to be Glo-Getter and Forever Young, I just love them.

Khanak x

15. Mica says:

That perfume sounds and looks lovely! 🙂

Happy belated birthday! 🙂

Hope that you are having a good week 🙂 We finally got a break in the heatwave last night and it was so welcome!

Away From The Blue

16. Becca says:

That Colourpop highlighter is so so gorgeous – I think I need to try it!!

Becca / becc4

17. Charlotte says:

I completed forgot that Colourpop sold those super shock shadows, I haven’t used a single shadow in ages! I’m in need of a new lipbalm as I’ve nearly at the end of my Kiehls one so I’m tempted to try that one. Happy belated birthday hun
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

18. Lily says:

Oh wow what pretty shades in that Violet Voss Palette – need to get my hands on that! xx

Lily Loves | https://www.lilyloves.net/

19. Jasmine says:

I really want to try some Violet Voss eyeshadows and these smaller palettes definitely appeal to me more than their giant ones!

Jasmine xx

Jasmine Talks Beauty

20. Katie says:

Those shades in the Violet Voss palette are beautiful!XX

21. Oooh cute list of favorites! I love how together they’re aesthetically pleasing 😉 The eye shadow colors look great, I am intrigued with the shades. I’m newly interested in the brand Glossier. Have you tried any other products by them? If so, what would you recommend?
    Enjoyed reading your favorites + thanks for sharing doll!

xx, Des | https://www.itsbetterinheels.com/blog/2019/2/8/my-january-favorites

p.s.
    Happy belated Birthday!!

• luxuryblush says:

Thank you! I know, I almost missed out the Violet Voss palette, as it didn’t fit the other colours haha! It is a fab little palette though. So far this is the only thing I’ve tried, so I can’t comment on anything else, sorry! Than you so much, that means a lot! No problem, thank you for stopping by! Thank you xx

22. Gemma says:

Love the look of the perfume. Hope you have a great week.

Gemma x