Home » January Favourites 2019

January Favourites 2019

Well it might be a new year, but I’m still posting late apparently. I know we’re well into February now, but it’s time to look back on January for a monthly favourites.

Anastasia Beverly Hills | Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit – Kitty Kat

I was unsure on whether to include this or not. This palette was limited edition, so unless it is brought back; it is no longer available. On my bid to rediscover products in my collection, I was loving this palette. The shade Kitty Kat is the one I gravitated to the most. In the pan it looks very pink. When swatched and applied it looks a lot more silver with a hint of pink. It is very pigmented which I love.

ColourPop | Super Shock Highlighter Spoon

After wearing Kitty Kat I thought it was too dark for my skin tone, so I’d add a little bit of this over the top to lighten it a little. I have mentioned this on the blog before, as it was one of my 2017 favourites. With this highlighter you really don’t need that much. The tiniest amount goes such a long way, as it is a chunky glittery highlight.

Too Faced | Hangover Setting Spray

This is another classic that I reviewed back in the day, but I’ve been using it every day since Christmas. This is great in the Winter, as it’s best for those with dry skin. It’s very hydrating and my foundation looks a lot better after using this. I only use this for setting makeup, but it is three in one. The scent on this isn’t that great, and it took me a while to get used to it.

Violet Voss | Fun Sized Eye Shadow Crème Brulee

I have been thinking about doing a full review on this, so I won’t go into too much detail here. I love my gold and brown shades, so of course I love this. I’ve mainly used the second and third shades on the top row from the left and the two underneath those. This palette doesn’t have shade names, so it’s a little hard to describe. It does however have a mirror, which I know a lot of people like. The only downside for me, is that there isn’t a good matte transition shade.

Viktor and Rolf | Flower-bomb

My boyfriend bought me this for Christmas and it’s all I’ve been wearing since. It’s very floral and sweet, which makes a great day time perfume. I’m not normally a floral person, but I love this. The bottle is also really pretty which is always an added bonus.

Glossier | Balm Dotcom

This is another Christmas present, and I have been loving it! It’s a balm designed to nourish and repair dry skin. This means you can use it on your lips or on any chaffed skin. I use this as a lip balm, and the tiniest bit goes a long way. I have the original version which is unscented. It is extremely moisturising, as it contains Beeswax and Castor Seed Oil.

My Birthday

On the 27th January I turned 22, and had a great day. I spent the day with my boyfriend who absolutely spoilt me. We went out for dinner, and then went for drinks later on. It was a really great day. I very nearly made a Taylor Swift joke, but we’ll leave that one for now.

That is everything I was loving throughout January!

What were your January Favourites?

• 14th February 2019 / 12:46 am

I love it so much, and I hope you like it too xx

1. 13th February 2019 / 8:36 pm

I really want to the Too Faced Hangover Setting Spray and the primer too actually, but they’re still on my wishlist until I get paid! P.s. happy belated birthday!!

Emily | Snippets of Emily’s Life xx

• 14th February 2019 / 12:47 am

They’re both fab for dry skin! I hope you like them. Thank you so much xx

2. 13th February 2019 / 8:50 pm

So many pretty picks here! That violet voss palette looks gorgeous, such pretty shades inside 🙂 Loved reading through your favourites x

Kate | http://www.katelovesx.co.uk/

• 14th February 2019 / 12:53 am

Thank you! I’ve been loving it, it’s such a pretty palette! Thank you for stopping by xx

3. 13th February 2019 / 8:52 pm

That Violet Voss palette looks so gorgeous! The only thing I have from them is their Holy Grail palette which I bloody love but I can’t say I reach for it that much anymore. I haven’t tried the Too Faced setting spray but my skin has changed so much and gone completely dry recently so I’m really tempted to give it a try. I wanted the Nicole glowkit soo badly and I’m so sad I never got it when it was around! The shades look to die for!
    Alice Xx

• 14th February 2019 / 5:33 pm

I love it so much! The Holy Grail palette is gorgeous isn’t it?! Funnily enough I don’t reach for it a lot either. I think it’s fab for dry skin, so it might be great for you. Hopefully they bring it back, as it’s such a gorgeous palette!xx

4. 13th February 2019 / 9:25 pm

I have really been eyeing up the Violet Voss mini’s they’re so cute! I also have been looking for a new setting spray, so may just have to pick up this Too Faced one!

Kayla | http://www.kaylajayne.co.uk
    xo

• 14th February 2019 / 5:33 pm

They’re really cute! I hope you love it, it’s my all time fave xx

5. 13th February 2019 / 9:36 pm

I absolutely adore so many of Too Faced products, their make up is some of my favourites. Need to try the hangover range!

Love, Amie ❤

The Curvaceous Vegan

• 14th February 2019 / 5:34 pm

Totally agree, that Too Faced products are always so cute! I love the hangover range xx

6. 13th February 2019 / 9:48 pm

In love with everything you have picked here! I’ve never seen that violet voss palette 😍 and I do regret not picking up that highlighter palette when I had the chance! Chelsea xx

• 14th February 2019 / 5:35 pm

Thank you! I love it so much, and hopefully they release it again! It’s fab xx

7. 14th February 2019 / 2:38 am

Ah Flowerbomb is my absolute favourite, I love it so much. I have the intense version too and I really like it xx

Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

• 14th February 2019 / 5:46 pm

Ah I had no idea they did an intense version! I’ll have to look into that one xx

8. Jade
    14th February 2019 / 8:00 am

Another amazing blog you have

Loved this

jadieegosh

9. 14th February 2019 / 10:10 am

How have I never tried any of these!? They’re all so gorgeous! Definitely adding some of these to my wish list xx

10. 14th February 2019 / 1:17 pm

I LOVE the Violet Voss Palette it’s my favourite at the moment too!

louiselovesbeauty.com

• 14th February 2019 / 5:47 pm

I’m glad you love it too! It’s such a good one xx

11. 14th February 2019 / 3:43 pm

Happy belated birthday! Glossier’s balm dotcom is the best! Some people don’t like it but it is the one thing I use on my lips during winter that really helps. And that eyeshadow palette is gorgeous! I always enjoy reading your favorites.

x Kara | http://karascloset.net

• 14th February 2019 / 5:55 pm

Thank you! It’s so good isn’t it?! I can’t believe some people don’t like it, it’s been a life saver over Winter. It’s such a pretty one. Thank you so much, that means a lot xx

12. 14th February 2019 / 5:37 pm

I love the ABH x Nicole kit in my collection! My favourite shades have to be Glo-Getter and Forever Young, I just love them.

Khanak x

• 14th February 2019 / 5:56 pm

I’m glad you love it too! I’ll have to try those ones out again xx

13. 15th February 2019 / 5:23 am

That perfume sounds and looks lovely! 🙂

Happy belated birthday! 🙂

Hope that you are having a good week 🙂 We finally got a break in the heatwave last night and it was so welcome!

Away From The Blue

• 16th February 2019 / 10:52 pm

It’s such a great one! Thank you, and I hope you are too! Aw, that sounds nice, I’m counting down the days until Summer here haha!xx

14. 15th February 2019 / 9:02 pm

That Colourpop highlighter is so so gorgeous – I think I need to try it!!

Becca / becc4

• 16th February 2019 / 10:53 pm

I love it so much! It’s so blinding xx

15. 16th February 2019 / 2:29 pm

I completed forgot that Colourpop sold those super shock shadows, I haven’t used a single shadow in ages! I’m in need of a new lipbalm as I’ve nearly at the end of my Kiehls one so I’m tempted to try that one. Happy belated birthday hun
    Charlotte / Charlotte’s Picks

• 16th February 2019 / 10:54 pm

Remembering to use single shadows can be so difficult as grabbing a palette is so much more convenient. I love the Glossier one, it’s changed my life haha! Thank you lovely xx

16. 17th February 2019 / 3:13 pm

I really want to try some Violet Voss eyeshadows and these smaller palettes definitely appeal to me more than their giant ones!

Jasmine xx