After struggling for blog content, I decided to go old school and do a tag; remember those? After creating my own, I realised that I really enjoy this style of post. So when I was on the hunt for a new one I discovered the Beauty Consumer Tag made by Nineties LoveChild.
As I’ve started to declutter and shop my stash a lot more this year, I thought this would be a great tag.
This is the Beauty Consumer Tag.
1. How Much Do You Spend on Makeup a Month? A Year?
I honestly don’t want to know. Saying that my spending has been a lot better in the last two years and I’ve barely bought anything. I tend to go most months without buying any new makeup nowadays.
2. Do You Ever Feel Guilty About How Much You Spend on Makeup?
Yes. It’s the main reason for my recent low/ no buy. I know that I’ve spent too much over the previous years and now I need to stop buying and use what I’ve got.
3. Do You Get FOMO Related to Makeup Releases?
Not anymore. I used to be terrible for it a few years ago. If I saw a lot of people posting a palette online then I felt like I had to have it too. An example of this is the Naked 3 palette, a part of me knew the pink tones wouldn’t work for me, but it just looked so good. Years later, and I barely touch it. It doesn’t bother me anymore, and I only purchase something if I know I’ll use it.
4. Do You purchase or Keep Items Simply Because They are Limited Edition?
This is something that I am terrible for. I love the MAC limited edition collections and I tend to collect something from each one. Which I know is bad, and it is something that I’m trying to work on.
5. Would You Be Willing to Pay More Money for a Sold Out Product Online?
No. This is something I have never done, and something that I will probably never do.
6. Do You Wish You Could Spend More? Or Less?
I’m happy with how much I spend on makeup at the moment. I’m buying products that I run out of and what I think I’ll use instead of everything.
7. Do You Feel Compelled to Buy Something When You See it in Someone Else’s Collection?
Yes, it used to be a lot worse than it is now, but it’s still a thing. I keep seeing the Kylie glosses popping up in flatlays on Instagram and if the brand wasn’t so hard to get a hold of in the UK I probably would have bought one by now.
8. Do You Buy More During the Holidays?
I I like to make most of my purchases during sales, so I probably do end up buying more in the holidays as it tends to be Sale season.
9. Have You Ever Hidden a Makeup Purchase From Family or Friends?
Nope. Whenever I get something new I always show my mum, as I get excited about it. Which sounds quite sad.
10. Do You Have More Than Ten Products in Your Collection That You Have Not Used in Over a Month?
Unfortunately yes. I only have one face and I don’t wear makeup everyday, so it can be hard to use everything.
11. Have You Ever Been Pressured to Purchase Something You Could not Afford or did Not Need?
No, I like to think that budgeting is one of my strong points and I’ve never spent more than I could afford.
12. Do You Purchase Makeup for Collector Reasons?
I mentioned this earlier with MAC limited edition collections, as I will admit that I have collected products from them. It’s a bad habit thats for sure.
13. In Your Makeup Journey Have you Become Less or More Consumeristic?
Definitely less. I barely buy anything anymore, and the products I do buy are ones I know I’m going to use and love which is a lot different to my approach a few years ago.
Well that was a little bit different. I’m not going to tag anybody specific, but if you would like to do the tag then feel free.
That was The Beauty Consumer Tag.
Do you like tag posts?
Thank you for reading!