Beauty Things I Suck At and Bad Habits

Nobody is perfect at everything; that is a fact. That applies to beauty, there are some things I struggle to do and I definitely have some bad habits.

Contour

I have a natural redness to my cheeks. With bronzer it will either go on too thick and then when I attempt to blend it out it just fades and the redness of my face comes through, and it just doesn’t work, no matter how many times I try.  I definitely need to invest some time practising how to chisel my face.

Eye Shadow

Now I don’t know if I suck at this, as I have been improving, but I thought that I would include it. There are times where I apply it, and think:
 ‘Does this look right?’
‘Can you even see it?’
‘Have I not gone far enough into the crease?’
‘Am I too far into the crease?’
 I  go with it and hope for the best. I wouldn’t exactly say that ‘I suck at this’, but I’m very unsure on what I’m doing.

Lip Liners

I actually don’t own a single lip liner. I’m well aware that people rave about and recommend them all the time. At this moment though I’d prefer to buy more lipsticks than a liner.

Eyebrows

Where to start, I don’t even know. What I do know is that I have my natural brows and I have never had them done, some people say they’re too dark for my hair colour and other people say that it looks good, but I’m not dying my brows; plucking them is a struggle. It is something that I always put off because they don’t look that bad (in my opinion), but when I get home I will think ‘I should probably pluck them’, but I don’t. I did attempt to fill my brows in once, but it looked horrendous.

Cleansing, Toning, etc

(Who would have thought that two years later I’d have a full routine down?!)
I do not understand how people can do this every night and morning. I wouldn’t say I have bad skin, as I don’t really get spots, I have never has acne, as my skin is dry. I do moisturise more than anything else, but sometimes I struggle to find the time to do anything else. I have set myself a target to try to do the whole face wash thing (great wording), at least three or four times a week, which is a lot better than what I was doing which is about once a week.

Sleeping in Makeup

This is something that I tell people not to do, but just recently it is becoming something that I do, but not regularly! It has happened about three times in the past couple of weeks, and it may sometimes happen after a night out, but let’s leave the topic of nights out for now. After going out in the evening for a meal, I won’t get back till late, and have often gotten changed and gotten straight into bed and being that tired I have not taken my makeup and woken up only to find that I’m still wearing it, which I absolutely cannot stand, so I head straight to the bathroom for a good face wash.
Is there any beauty things that you suck at or do you have any bad habits?
I feel like this is like an honesty hour or something

9 responses to “Beauty Things I Suck At and Bad Habits”

1. Courtney Rawlings says:

I'm hopeless at eye shadow! No matter how many tutorials I watch I just know I'm never going to create the perfect smokey eye!

Courtney | Courtney Says What

2. Emma Waller says:

I wish I could do liquid eye liner, practice makes perfect hey!

3. GlamBlink says:

I totally suck at eyebrows, never really used to fill them in until sometime last year, and haven't found my perfect product yet. I'm gonna keep looking though!

Klaudia x

4. Alice Young says:

Omg, I have literally the same contouring issues as you, I get so jealous when I see girls wearing bronze and having contoured their faces perfectly because I just can't make it look nice on me!

The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

5. Rachel Colley says:

I also suck at contouring :/ practice makes perfect though!
    When I was a teenager I used to sleep with my makeup on (out of laziness) no wonder I had such bad skin!!

The Everyday Life of Rachel

6. Hannah Morris says:

I'm with you on that one! x

7. Hannah Morris says:

Yeah! Just keep at it, and you'll get somewhere x

8. Hannah Morris says:

Eyebrows are so difficult to get right! Keep at it, I'm sure you'll find something that you'll love! x

9. Hannah Morris says:

It is the worst! Same here, I'm with you on this! x