This post contains affiliate links.
It is no secret that I love a good tag. They’re very old school in the blogging world, but I find it a nice change from my usual content. I was tagged by the lovely Parie over at Class and Glitter to do the 21 Questions: Makeup Edition tag. This tag is a fun take on the Vogue 21 questions, but the questions are makeup related.
This is 21 Questions: Makeup Edition.
1 . What is the Oldest Makeup Product in Your Collection?
You know what, I can’t remember what came in first, but it’s either my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette or a MAC lipstick in the shade Brave. Which are embarrassingly old…
2. What is Your Most Recent Makeup Purchase?
3. What is the First Makeup Product you ever Used?
I’m pretty sure it was a mascara, I’m not entirely sure which one. It could have been from Maybelline, or I used to love the Collection Extreme mascara.
4. What is a Makeup Trend You Used to Love, but Now You Hate?
The only thing I can think of is coloured highlighter. I used to love a pink shades, but now I’m all about champagne’s and more wearable colours.
5. What is a Makeup Trend You Used to Hate, but Now You Love?
I can’t believe I’m typing this, but liquid lipsticks. I’ve never gotten along with them before, but once I tried the Too Faced melted matte’s I was converted. Even though glosses still have my heart.
6. What is Your Favourite Step of Your Makeup Routine?
This was a hard one between: Blush, Bronzer and Highlighter, but in the end highlighter has taken it. Highlighter has been my favourite makeup product for a while now, and as it’s the last step of my base it’s nice to see it come together.
7. What is a Makeup Product You Can’t Live Without?
Foundation. My skin is naturally red, and I love wearing foundation to cover it up and make my skin tone more even.
8. What Sparked Your Love For Makeup?
Watching YouTube and reading blogs. I didn’t get into makeup until I was around 15/ 16 and I was definitely inspired by people like Zoella.
9. What is the Worst Makeup Look You’ve Ever Done?
Anything I did when I first started wearing makeup. The less said about that the better…
10. What is Your Favourite Makeup Look You’ve Ever Done?
To be honest I don’t tend to do any crazy or different with my makeup, majority of my looks are the same with slightly different variants. Saying that I always love how my makeup turns out when I use the Urban Decay Naked 1 palette.
11. What is Your Favourite Drugstore Makeup Product?
The Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara. It’s been in my collection ever since I first tried it in 2015.
12. What is Your Favourite Splurge Makeup Product?
13. What is Your Most Repurchased Makeup Product?
I’ve gone through countless tubes of the Maybelline Lash Sensational mascara.
14. What is Your Earliest Makeup Memory?
I vividly remember using my mum’s old Avon foundation, that oxidised and I had nothing to apply it with so I had to use my fingers.
15. What is Your Favourite Place to Shop for Makeup?
I always find myself on Cult Beauty or Beauty Bay nowadays. However ASOS is creeping up the list too, as I’ve found some products on there that were out of stock everywhere else.
16. What is the Most Underrated Makeup Product You Own?
17. What is the Most Overrated Makeup Product You Own?
I don’t keep makeup in my collection that I don’t like, but I hated the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks which I always saw people raving about.
18. What is a Discontinued Makeup Product You Wish Would Come Back?
I LOVED the Too Faced Melted lipsticks, especially the shade Chocolate Milkshake.
19. Where Do You Go for Makeup Inspiration?
It has to be Instagram, there is so much inspiration on there.
20. What Do You Hope To See Less of in Makeup’s Future?
The amount of releases a brand brings out in a short amount of time. It never used to bother me when ColourPop did it because all of their stuff is so affordable. However it’s gotten to a point where they’re prioritising new releases instead of restocking the old ones. Which is a pain when you’ve missed out on something and have to wait two months.
21. What Do You Hope to See More of in Makeup’s Future?
I would love to see more diversity. It’s appalling that some brands still don’t have a diverse shade range and don’t cater to everyone. I think Fenty paved the way and opened a lot of brands eyes, but there is still so much to do.
There we have it, that was 21 Questions: Makeup Edition.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but if you would like to do this tag then feel free!
Thanks for reading!